This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

correct way to sync activity to Garmin Explore

I want to know the correct way to sync my garmin instinc solar to the Garmin Explore App. I receive this watch at the end of november 2020 and i have record activities each day. When i look in Garmin Explore. i only have track from january 6th 2021 to february 8th 2021. The sync status is ok. I don't know what i"m doing wrong.

This is the step i do

1) record an activity

2) sync to garmin connect

3) sync to garmin explore

Thanks

• There is no correct way! I think that you have hit by similar problem as me - my last activity sync (Instinct watch) is from 2020-10-23.

I have done steps from https://forums.garmin.com/apps-software/mobile-apps-web/f/garmin-explore-android/219099/not-syncing-with-watch-explore-android/1060181#1060181 (except 5. Master reset the watch)

• Maybe I'm missing something but all my activities sync with Garmin Connect, which I use on a regular basis for runs and hikes. I occasionally use Garmin Explore at which point it syncs all my activities to the Explore App. To be honest, I don't find Explore that useful for looking at activities as Connect is a slicker app and has reasonable maps. For me, Explore is more useful for routes.

• I landed here for the same problem. I really don't know how Garmin manages to be so MESSY with these Apps (Connect, Explore, IQ etc..).

I updated some Waypoints in Explore, no way to see them on my Fenix. I also noticed the Activities stop at my last run 11Nov21 while I had at least +10 more. Those are on my Fenix watch and Connect App. I tried to reinstall the App but nothing changed. 

Also guys..I really don't understand why in Express there seem to be redundant configuration ? Like App notifications (and the list of my apps on smartphone..), Firmware updates etc... but which one prevails ? The ones on my watch ? the one on Connect ? The one of Explore.

The Synchronization for the overall Garmin ecosystem is super messy and confusing...at the extent it is NOT an ecosystem !

I think Garmin needs to review end to end the software front since coming from Apple or software-world I would rate very very low !

Last but not least, I'm really frustrated to see that a Garmin Forum hosted by Garmin has zero support from a Garmin person...

• I have a few of observations:

1) if you haven't synced recently and have lots of runs, hikes, etc. to be synced, Explore can take forever to catch up with the syncing.

2) to sync from Explore to your watch/device, I think you need to check which 'collections' are set to sync, otherwise they won't.

3) I had thought that having added routes and waypoints to Explore Web, that everything would sync with my device but it didn't until I installed the app on my phone.

• Thank you....I fixed it by reinstalling the Android Garmin Explore app....anyhow I've lost tens of activities..now it syncs but there's a gap of 3 weeks...those are still on my watch and Garmin Connect app but not on Explore...a mistery....

• With update from 2021-10 (latest update before version 3.0) activities sync normally without any change in settings.

• I reply to myself... Once again after one month the sync stopped without any reasons. I give up with express on that part and seriously wonder whether garmin Devs test (and use themselves!) what they produce.... Still a mistery on the redundant configuration found both in Connect and Express (about Notifications, Updates etc... What the hell!) 

• I have same problem. I must 3 times delete app data and start again to import all activities step by step. Can't understand why we have two apps. This should be all in Garmin connect. This is not normal...