This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Explore and GPSMAP 64st

Greetings,

Is The GPSMAP 64st a supported device in Garmin Explore?

The GPSMAP 64st is in my device list on the phone but Garmin Explore never shows it,

Best regards,

Fred

Top Replies

All Replies

• The GPSMAP 64st is not compatible with the Garmin Explore App. For a list of compatible devices, see Garmin Explore App Compatible Devices.

• Well, not the answer I was hoping. Disappointed

Does it look like it might be added in the future? I just received the 64st as a gift.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Fred

• Hi Fred,

I find that Explore is difficult to use to plan tracks/routes anyway.  I still use Basecamp for the majority of editing of tracks and waypoints.  Basecamp is also compatible with the Instinct.

• I will have to look closer at Basecamp. I am installing it now remotely. I'll have to fire it up when I get home. It has been a long time since using it. I had a GPS V at that time.

I have been using ExpertGPS since back then. It isn't free and it does more than most need.

Thank you!

• The 64 now has beta sw to connect to Explore. 

• Thank you for the update. I will check it out.

• The link in the announcement is invalid.  Here is the working link:

https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15450

I played around with it last night.  It is actually pretty nifty.  I still think Basecamp is a better tool for trip/activity planning, but I can see how Explore (phone app) could become a useful companion to my 64 and even my Fenix 6 just because the phone's screen interface is much easier to navigate.

• Hello, can someone help. I have a Garmin 64S, a great device, and I started using Garmin Explore mainly for the synch wireless synch feature and route planning on phone. I have run into a wall. I want to try Software 6.1 but the instructions are not clear to me. 

1. Download and unzip GPSMAP64_xxx.zip.
    2. Place the gupdate.gcd file, found in the file folder System Software, into the \GARMIN folder of the device.
    3. Disconnect from your computer and proceed through the update.
    4. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, drop the gupdate.gcd file found in the SystemSoftware_Backdate_xxx folder, into the \GARMIN folder of the device.
    5. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults and data may be lost.

Can someone please simplify the above? Specifially, step 2-4, Thank you!

• Connect your GPS to your PC. It requires a USB cable. You should see the GPS in Explorer as an additional drive.

Download the .ZIP file to your PC and extract the contents. The ZIP file will likely be in your "Downloads" directory.

Copy and paste gupdate.gcd to GPS drive in the the GARMIN folder.

Disconnect and turn of GPS. Turn GPS back on and check version.

• they are exactly the same devices. so the right answer would be we do not want to ad it. because otherwise we do not have any other arguments to sell you a new device. Don’t get me wrong I love your devices. just hate your marketing ***.