This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

EXPLORE USLESS WITH HUAWEI 2019 STILL!

Explore doesn't recognise my 5x... just says to set one up with Connect..(reported many times) ... Works perfectly fine with my old Samsung.... Connect doesn't stay connected either to the watch. . Garmin and Huawei together are a horrendous experience...

Now with the P Smart 2019 it's the same story...  Non compatible.. ... 

• You have to configure the garmin app and exclude it from battery optimizing. Huawei is quite aggressive with that.

You have to do that in 2 points: 
    settings, apps, apps, *the app you use*, details for battery consumption, app start => set everything to manual and allow it

settings, apps, apps, the three dots on the top right, special rights, battery optimization, *the app you use*, disable/don´t allow

Basically a Huawei only problem and has nothing to do with Garmin

• Wow..... 

I'm blown away... 

Everything works perfectly after your correct instructions.... Numerous calls to Garmin and no luck.... One post on the new forum and.... Bang lol...

As you said.... it's just the way Hauwei has configured android differently... and is an easy fix.... when you have the knowledge.

Thank you for making my day. Sun with face

• No problem. Had the same problem for numerous apps. Spotify, Android Music (both when you try to use it in android auto), Garmin Connect was not reliable, a app for speed cameras...... 

It was a really annoying and therefore i started looking in the settings of Huawei. Especially because they have this option at 2 different places  ._.

• Well I can't thank you enough for the fix.. 

I never thought I'd get a stable connection... Explore recognises my watch now as well as connect..now background running even when closed.... I'm chuffed to bits!