This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Explore App Feature suggestions

I started playing around with the Explore Android app over the weekend and I love it. Kudos to the Garmin team for creating this app. What a great tool to be able to create routes even when you're disconnected from the internet! This is definitely a keeper!

Some feature suggestions that could further improve the app:
* When creating a route I expected that it would have synced the route directly after saving the route. I was surprised that it didn't and initiated the sync again manually and I checked the device, but the route still had not arrived on the watch. Turns out the reason was that I hadn't added the route to a collection. Ok, stupid me for not ticking the box, but I think I will not be only one that will have this experience. It would be great if new routes would be automatically saved in a "default collection" and that this default collection would automatically be the active collection of the device. I think when this would be implemented it would improve the experience for the majority of people using the app (most people will only have 1 or 2 Garmin devices and will expect that routes they create arrive on their assets). (People owning many Garmin devices would still have the ability to change the active collection to another collection for each of their devices - as everyone has to today).

* I couldn't find an option to give a name to the route. When syncing it to the watch the routes are named Route, Route 1, etc... I suppose I could rename the routes on the watch, but would prefer to be able to give a name to the route in the Explore app.

* Route creation is now a straight point to point line, this is handy when you have to draw a route for off road running / hiking, but it would be beneficial for on road cycling/running the explore app would be able to snap to roads / footpads / etc...