This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Missing import option

Hi,

I think it will be really useful to have an import option in the app as well as in the website.

An example case is. You are on holidays in some country you don't know. And you want to do a hiking. There are plenty resources out there on internet that allows you to download a .gpx(for example) file. But how I download it to my garmin device without a computer? It would be very straight forward if I could import it in the app and then sync to my device. In minutes I will be ready to go.
  • I can import a gpx into GC on android
  • The problem arises when you create or manage your gpx on the tablet (in third-party apps), without having a computer or internet, because you are based in nature. An import function on the Expore app would be much appreciated.
  • the missed functionality to directly send a .gpx or .fit track to the GPSMAP 66 and most current Garmin devices is provided by the Connect IQ App
    gimporter https://apps.garmin.com/de-DE/apps/d...c-7f93b47ea5bb and its companion app
    gexporter https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...site.gexporter
    The author recently provided an update, which works nicely with my Samsung S8
  • Thanks RobertMUC . I've also just received some minutes ago this information in another Forum, and will try a.s.a.p..
    This is IMHO also the solution for my other thread (fenix 5S not recognized by Samsung S7 via USB-OTG).
    I still have no experience, but I think (and this was my intention) it should be possible to share (and see) tracks on Android Locus Pro, that had been done with Garmin fenix - or to navigate tracks with fenix, that had been planned by komoot.
  • For Real? Garmin holds back such a important and useful feature? What's the point in that?
  • Hi,
    it's an "old" thread.
    As explained above, it's possible to import gpx files from Android to fenix with gimporter. It works very good - totally without data network - only with Bluetooth.

But unfortunately, it seems it's NOT possible to export gpx to Android via bluetooth in outback without network or mobile data connection.
    You can export gpx afterwards - but as far as I know, this works only on Garmin Connect Homepage. I still didn't find a possibility to export gpx directly from Garmin Connect Android mobile app to the phone in order to import directly to Locus maps.
    That's really not good... I don't know, why Garmin doesn't allow that...
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Miaz

I have a new 645 with 3 workouts that won't sync to Garmin Connect. If I could export them from my Android device I could import them into Garmin Connect and then to the 3rd party apps where I really want them so my coach can see them.