This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 5 device recognition

I upgraded to the latest F5 beta, installed the explore app and logged in. I have zero connectivity issues between the F5 and the GC app. However the F5 doesn't show in the device list in the explore app it just says 'No paired devices'.

If I click Pair device is says 'Pair a device with the Garmin Explore app or register a new device' and also 'register device with garmin connect'. If I click that option it fires up the GC app and shows me the device list with the f5 show connected.

Is that it? Everything as it should be?
  • With the 5x it shows as paired and shows the last sync date and time...
  • I upgraded to the latest F5 beta, installed the explore app and logged in. I have zero connectivity issues between the F5 and the GC app. However the F5 doesn't show in the device list in the explore app it just says 'No paired devices'.

If I click Pair device is says 'Pair a device with the Garmin Explore app or register a new device' and also 'register device with garmin connect'. If I click that option it fires up the GC app and shows me the device list with the f5 show connected.

Is that it? Everything as it should be?

Same problem with 5x+ and 5x on Xperia xz2 compact Android 9 and Huawei mediapad m5 android 8. On iPhone 6 iOS 12.1 both devices are displayed
  • I got a reply from support (doesn't make sense though)>'as device and app in in beta Explore is not available to public'
  • I got a reply from support (doesn't make sense though)>'as device and app in in beta Explore is not available to public'

in any configuration, on android my devices aren't displayed (both on tablet huaweii and phone sony) and they are displayed on iphone.
    beta or not
  • The same issue was  on my iPhone 7 Plus after update, will follow this thread for sure.

Alex, web dev here