This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

how to import divelogs from other logbogs (divelog)?

Is there any way to import my divelog dives into Garmin „Dive“ or Garmin „connect“?

• I would also like this function

• I would also like this function!

• Recenlty acquired a Descend Mk2i. my prior gear is a Cressi.  How do i import the dive records? Also trying to move activity records from Polar into Descend.  The runs are importing, but the other activities (e.g. elliptical) are not.  Is there an SDK, developer/data guidance or a template for the CSV file that I can use to refactor the data so that it will import?

• Yes, it is possible to import your dive logs from other logbooks into Garmin "Dive" or Garmin "Connect". Here are the steps to do so:

1. Export your dive logs from your current logbook in a format that is compatible with Garmin Dive or Garmin Connect. Garmin Dive supports importing data in the following formats: CSV, XLS, or XLSX. Garmin Connect supports importing data in the following formats: GPX, TCX, or FIT.

2. Save the exported dive logs to a folder on your computer.

3. Open Garmin Dive or Garmin Connect and navigate to the import function. In Garmin Dive, click on the "Import" button in the top right corner of the screen. In Garmin Connect, click on the "Import Data" button in the top right corner of the screen.

4. Follow the prompts to select the file containing your dive logs and import them into Garmin Dive or Garmin Connect.

5. Review the imported dive logs to ensure that all of the data was imported correctly. Make any necessary edits or corrections.

6. Once you have verified that your dive logs have been successfully imported, you can begin using Garmin Dive or Garmin Connect to track your dives going forward.

• Not sure it's this straightforward, though I wish it were.

I don't see an import option in the iOS Dive App or Garmin Connect.  I did find it here on the website.  Seems you have to choose to import FitBit data.  When clicking the Garmin link to check compatibility, I get this warning

The content you are viewing does not apply to this device. Visit the help page for your device to see related content.

• It's over 2 years since this post and this doesn't appear to be a feature.  I'm deciding between a Garmin and another dive computer that my LDS sells.  The other computer allows me to import my log history.  Garmin doesn't.  At this point I'd even take a tool that created .fit files from my CSV dive log as it's a one-time operation.  As my records are important to me I may just go with the other option I have if Garmin can't offer what should be basic functionality.

• I hear you, but their DC and dive app are really excellent, so it's not an easy call.  Soar Air Integration sux by the way, but back to the topic.  I was previously using MacDive, which will export CSV.  While GARMIN do have tools that will assist with transformation,CSV to FIT is not super straightforward - likely you will need to code some mappings.  I looked at it briefly and then put it in the too hard bin for now, and I'm a programmer.

I keep my old dive app on my phone and refer to it when i need to

My 2 cents worth...