Photo upload for Activities and for Certifications

Hello,

There's an annoying limitation for photo upload in Garmin Dive on Android, affecting both the dive activities and also the new certification functionality. Basically the photo selection screen only shows photos taken on your phone, and there is no way to upload images from other folders. For example - someone sends you a nice photo on WhatsApp from your dive, there is no way to upload it. Or when I export my dive cert cards as images from the SSI app, there is no way to upload those either. This is not a good design choice. Does anyone know of a workaround for this? I tried the Google Photos feature of Copy to folder > Camera, but even then the copied photos don't show up in the Garmin Dive app photo selection screen.

Thanks! 

• You are right, this is very annoying!

• There are several ways around - either you can save the image to your photo gallery, or you can open the dive with Garmin Connect Web, and add the photo there from any location.

More specifically, if you have a photo in WhatsApp that you want to add to a Garmin activity (regardless whether a dive or anything else), in WhatApp you open the photo, tap the Share icon, and in the top menu tap Save. If the photo is still not available in the Gallery after this operation, then instead of the Save button, use the Share button on the right, scroll down, and select the option Save Image.

The other option, using GC web is even simpler, because in the browser you can pick up the file from any location. Once done in GC, the photo will be in Garmin Dive too.