This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 cannot keep Wifi connection with Drive Android

It cannot keep the Wi-Fi connection alive in Garmin Drive app. I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps repeatedly.

It will set up and work the first time and then will continue to fail until you delete the app and start again from scratch.

At the very least Wi-Fi is necessary to setup the camera orientation on the car, and as the camera needs to be removed in order to directly connect with the computer whenever necessary it is impractical to have to uninstall and reinstall the app every time. Without Wi-Fi it is also impossible to view saved files in the app.

Support have not been helpful and said to return the unit for replacement as it might be faulty. However I have bought two at the same time and they have exactly the same problem so what is the likelihood of another one not having the same problem? I bought two units on the strength of Garmin's brand reputation. I regret that and wonder how long that good reputation will last.