This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Drive is slowing down wi-fi

I am very surprised I didn't find this when I did a search.  I have a Dash Cam Mini 2 and the Drive app on my Samsung phone.  Lately, while the car is in the garage, I get repeated warnings about how Drive is slowing down my wi-fi connection and is repeatedly attempting to connect in the background.  I don't really understand what this really means.  My dash cam is set to stop recording after 2 hours in park mode, so it's not the device itself.  The phone is certainly making a clean connection to my wifi network.  So, is the Drive app trying to do something on its own with my network, separate from the Android connection to my wifi network?  What the heck does this message really mean?  And aside from removing the Drive app, is there some way to fix this problem?  (And I really don't mean using the OS to freeze the app, or anything along the lines of disabling Drive...is there a setting within the app that would resolve this issue??)

Thanks!

• Sorry, you are in a wrong forum. This one is for the app Garmin Dive, not Drive. Unfortunately there does not seem to be any forum for Drive, as far as I can see, so I'd suggest contacting the Support directly at https://support.garmin.com 

• If you go to the APP info then go to battery then disable "Allow background activity". That seemed to do it for me. I had the same issue. Not sure what its trying to do. Probably connect to your camera. I have the same ones.

• Thanks.  Great suggestion.  Will definitely try it.  But will also reiterate that we've accidentally landed in the DIVE not DRIVE forum, so probably need to stop responding to this thread.  But thanks a lot!  I've already changed that setting and feeling like that's likely a great solution!

• DIVE not DRIVE forum, so probably need to stop responding to this thread. 

I do not think it is a problem. The only problem was, that you had little chance to find someone who would know your product, here among divers Slight smile That's why I recommended contacting directly the support. Fortunately, you were lucky to find a driver here too.

• I have the exact same problem (same camera, utilizing a Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy Note 9).  I called and spoke with someone at Garmin Customer Service, and they truly seemed concerned, but told me that they do not see other complaints about this same issue, so they think that it may be something specific to my phone or Garmin Mini Dash Cam 2.  They emailed me several links to clear the cache of the Drive app, unpair the app from my camera, uninstall/reinstall the app etc, but nothing worked- I still get the warning about Drive slowing down my wifi connection.  I do not think that it is actually slowing it down, and I'd be fine with blocking the notifications, but the OS says that turning them off is not permitted.  They advised that if the problem persists that they may have to replace the DC Mini 2 itself- but I think this is a problem with the Drive App (or a configuration problem between the phone and the app, and has nothing to do with the DC Mini 2).  I did try as suggested above (turning off background battery in the app settings).  Thank you for the suggestion, and hopefully that works.

Edit- I see what Trux meant with his suggestion above.  Is there a Garmin Drive forum where this can be moved?  I think others can/will find the advise useful, but it will be hard to find buried in the wrong forum.