This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stuck on 85,000 Step Challenge

I've been in the 85,000 step challenge for the last eight weeks. Every week (bar one week, 7 weeks ago) I get more than 85,000 steps and I've won it three times now. Last week I got over 117,000 steps and won and yet I'm still in the 85,000 step challenge again this week!

What does it take to move up to the next level? I'm feeling rather demotivated and think I'll probably just leave the challenge - what's the point if I never move up?! :confused:
  • My husband is now on the 125,000 for the 4th week in a row despite winning it 2 times, I'm in the 300,000 one for the 4th time in a row even though I've come 2nd 2 times.

Yeah no point in doing them now as I know I'm not going anywhere & my husband's motivation to go further has gone out the window.
  • Personally, I think you are lucky. Most Garmin wearers get promoted to their level of incompetence. You are staying where you can win. My suggestion is to leave your challenge. Press the buttons to exit the challenge. Your spot will remain open for you, but as time goes on, Garmin will fill your spot with other people. After a few hours, you can click again to join a challenge. As long as your last challenge is now full, you will be placed in a new challenge, perhaps one starting the next week. You will be at the level Garmin feels is appropriate until you win. After winning, you will be promoted in a week or two to a higher level. Win that level and again you will be promoted. Have you considered a Garmin Connection Challenge? That is when you invite your connections to compete against you for a day, weekend, or week. If you win, you get 2 Garmin points. If you win a generic Garmin challenge against people chosen by Garmin, you do not get the 2 points.  Really, the only purpose of the generic Garmin challenges is to introduce you to other people who you, in turn, can invite to be one of your Connections. I don't invite the Bots, just real people (ie, users who have a photograph, a city, a Garmin rating of 1-5, and who record daily activities).

• You have to beat the challenge number of steps by 10,000 or more, for two consecutive weeks, then you should automatically be entered into a challenge with a higher step goal the next week. Doesn’t matter what your position is amongst the other competitors