This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

920xt won't charge in the battery clip

Everything has been fine with the 920 for a month, and suddenly -- nothing. I put it on the clip two days ago, at about 70%, and now the battery is fully discharged. I have tried other computers, other USB ports of this computer, wall chargers. I have restarted my computer. Nothing. Any advice?
  • Everything has been fine with the 920 for a month, and suddenly -- nothing. I put it on the clip two days ago, at about 70%, and now the battery is fully discharged. I have tried other computers, other USB ports of this computer, wall chargers. I have restarted my computer. Nothing. Any advice?

I am having the same issue with my 920 XT. Everything was great for a few months, and now when I place it on the charger it just turns on and does not charge.
    Hopefully there is a quick solution to this issue. I have to train!!
  • Same problem for me. I range garmin tech support and they suggested the battery clip and have shipped a new one. However, I've tried it with a friends and it still doesn't charge so it's not the clip.

I need to ring garmin again on Monday and hopefully they will ship a new device. Less than 3 months old. Very disappointing so far
  • Any updates about this problem?
    Looks like I have the same problem.
  • Me too. I restarted the watch and it seems to be charging now. (power button for 15 second, then turn back on)
  • You might have better luck getting an answer to your question about the FR 920XT by posting it in the Garmin sub-forum devoted to the ... FR 920XT. This sub-forum is for Garmin Connect.
  • Me too. I restarted the watch and it seems to be charging now. (power button for 15 second, then turn back on)

This worked for me. The watch had 0% battery but after forcing it to turn off it now seems to be charging, cheers!
  • This worked for me; thank you very much!!!
    I didn't even know I could turn off the watch!
  • mee too same recharde problem

Me too. I restarted the watch and it seems to be charging now. (power button for 15 second, then turn back on)

had same issue with 2 mnth old 920xt. thanks for the tip it solved my problem today! now hope garmin will do a sw update soon
  • Same happened to mine today too. Minor panic as it was at 4% battery and I have my first triathlon on Saturday!

Reboot seemed to do the trick. Thanks!!
  • 920xt battery draining issues

Can anyone help?

I have a Garmin 920xt and prior to the 4.20 update, battery life was very promising ie with smart notifications, wireless, Bluetooth and doing 2 long runs per day, battery life was good, rarely dropping below 75% generally. Running 7hours 28 minutes only dropped battery from 100% to 61%.

However, since the update, I was configuring my footpod on the treadmill through my watch and over a 15 minute period, battery life dropped from 100% down to 60%. I assumed this was because I was doing 1 mile interval runs, ending the session, re-configuring the foot pod and then running additional segments.

However, after finishing work 2 days ago, 920xt was on 79% - did a 50 minute treadmill run - battery dropped too 74% (no issues) - when getting home I placed it in the cradle to download and charge. On going back 8 hours later, the watch battery had completely died. I had to fully recharge ( even though it seemed to die whilst in the recharge cradle???!). Now since 100% charge, I seem to now be loosing 1% battery life every 45 minutes. this is now becoming really annoying as there seems to be no thread or solution.

Can you one help??!.