This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Phone - Lost use of Vivofit

I am a fan of Garmin. I bought the first GPS they made and have purchased many many more since. I have always loved how things just worked.

Until now.

I purchased a Vivofit last Mayish. I have been using it each and every day since. Had some trouble around christmas with the site but other than that - flawless. Have also lost 72 lbs

However, I just had my phone upgraded to a Galaxy Note 3 with Android 4.4.2

Both of these are in the list of compatible units/system.

I cannot pair the device with my phone now until I have tried 3-4 times

If I do get it to pair it sometimes syncs but each and every time it locks up while "saving"

I then have to force close and start again.

I have tried this several times over the past two days. I have un-installed and reinstalled the Garmin Connect Mobile App

I have seen a few posts here with the same issue but so far I cannot find a resolution.

Please help me fix this, I need my step tracker, it is the core of my fitness revolution!
  • There is a requirement for a minimum of Android 4.3. Seem your new device has 4.2. Andriod 4.3 is the first andriod with the official "Bluettoth Smart" (aka BLE) code.

To pair with a mobile, you do that pairing from within the GC App, and not in the BT settings for the device.
  • Why not sync with the ANT stick and Express? I personally find it more convenient than with my phone but I'm usually near my computer most of the day.
  • I mistyped. I do have Android 4.4.2. I'm usually nearer my phone. Phone is more convenient as it's what I have when working out and exercising. Besides, it's worked fine for a year!
  • When you set up pairing, you did it from the GC app and not the device BT settings, correct?
  • After re installing, and resetting the device two or three times the system has finally seemed to want to work. It failed again the last try but after restarting the GC Mobile act and ignoring the pairing question it recognized my Vivofit and I have successfully transferred data three times now.

Hopefully it keeps working . . .