This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

500 Internal Server Error

I'm getting the following error after logging into Garmin Connnect and attempting to view any page (Dashboard, Activities). This happens on multiple computers, and I've also tried closing the browser, signing out, etc. I was initially able to log in, sync my device (forerunner 15), and view my activities, but tried to edit one of my activities and got this error. Now this is all that shows on the webpage. Anyone have any ideas?

Sorry, we encountered an internal error.

Details

500 Internal Server Error
org.springframework.web.client.DefaultResponseErrorHandler.handleError(DefaultResponseErrorHandler.java:91)
org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.handleResponseError(RestTemplate.java:533)
org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.doExecute(RestTemplate.java:489)
org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.execute(RestTemplate.java:447)
org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.getForObject(RestTemplate.java:215)
com.garmin.connect.oauth.impl.DefaultOauthRestClientImpl.get(DefaultOauthRestClientImpl.java:67)
com.garmin.web.DashboardController.populateLoggedInModel(DashboardController.java:660)
com.garmin.web.DashboardController.populateDefaultModel(DashboardController.java:614)
com.garmin.web.DashboardController.dashboard(DashboardController.java:112)
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor108.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:219)
org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:132)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.invokeAndHandle(ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.java:104)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.invokeHandleMethod(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:746)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.handleInternal(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:687)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.handle(AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.java:80)
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:925)
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:856)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:915)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:811)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:796)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
com.garmin.web.service.util.XHttpMethodOverrideFilter.doFilterInternal(XHttpMethodOverrideFilter.java:62)
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
com.garmin.web.filter.sso.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:129)
com.garmin.web.filter.sso.ConditionalFilterChain.doFilter(ConditionalFilterChain.java:44)
org.jasig.cas.client.util.AssertionThreadLocalFilter.doFilter(AssertionThreadLocalFilter.java:63)
com.garmin.web.filter.sso.ConditionalFilterChain.doFilter(ConditionalFilterChain.java:41)
org.jasig.cas.client.util.HttpServletRequestWrapperFilter.doFilter(HttpServletRequestWrapperFilter.java:86)
com.garmin.web.filter.sso.ConditionalFilterChain.doFilter(ConditionalFilterChain.java:41)
com.garmin.security.cas.client.validation.AbstractTicketValidationFilter.doFilter(AbstractTicketValidationFilter.java:389)
com.garmin.security.cas.client.authentication.UnprotectedAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(UnprotectedAuthenticationFilter.java:98)
com.garmin.security.cas.client.session.SingleSignOutFilter.doFilter(SingleSignOutFilter.java:92)
com.garmin.security.cas.client.util.ExcludedURLDetectionFilter.doFilter(ExcludedURLDetectionFilter.java:68)
com.garmin.web.filter.sso.ConditionalFilter.doFilter(ConditionalFilter.java:81)
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:179)
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:543)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:241)
org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProcessor.process(AjpAprProcessor.java:419)
org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol$AjpConnectionHandler.process(AjpAprProtocol.java:393)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1513)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 9 years ago
    Give it a week or two. These post-holiday problems are NOT typical. And other vendors have has similar issues over the last couple week.

well it seems to work now ... and sleep is showing too (it seems either it was a coincidence or I had to set "auto" on the activity detection.

confidence is slowly occuring.

Thanks for your inputs (despite the fact that I sound angry and frustrated I do appreciate it)
  • well it seems to work now ... and sleep is showing too (it seems either it was a coincidence or I had to set "auto" on the activity detection.

confidence is slowly occuring.

Thanks for your inputs (despite the fact that I sound angry and frustrated I do appreciate it)

In a week or so, things will be humming along here on GC, and then you can get some "Connections" (other sites call them "friends"), and sign up things like challenges, join one of the groups, and see just what you can watch with the various report widgets. Don't forget "Personal Records"!
  • Whether or not other sites are having problems is irrelevant. I've been using Garmin products for about 7 years now, and they are worse now than ever. Dont release a product until the vast majority of it is working.

And yes you dont tend to lose data when outages occur. But it's a right fugging pain in the ar$e to make sure that data is finally synced. The work arounds I have to go through to get my 'older' products to sync is absolutely ridiculous. And I flat out refuse to buy another when all of the products I use themselves never ever fail. Ever since Garmin Connect came on the scene the whole thing has been an utter shambles.

So vote with your feet if you aren't satisfied. I'll be going suunto in April. Which of course has it's own problems. But syncing isn't one of them.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 9 years ago
    ... Dont release a product until the vast majority of it is working.
    ...... But it's a right ??? pain in the ??? to make sure that data is finally synced.
    ... Ever since Garmin Connect came on the scene the whole thing has been an utter shambles.

sadly I feel that its only going to get worse. Marketing is seen to have done its job when Sales are made ... who cares if you have problems, as long as you don't get a refund.
    There are enough "newbies" buying in that bad names will be a thing for the future ... and blog reports are always "plain sailing" (creative writing)

The entire "Cloud" is a mess and anyone who prefers it is really more or less saying "I can't manage my own data" if you ask me.

Vote with your feet is a sentiment I adopt but sadly this device was pretty much the only thing on the market that came close to (but didn't quite meet) my requirements.

Also, the answers of "update your phone" will drive me to buy a new phone , load on a training app, and thusnot need the garmin product at all....