This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

500 Internal Server Error

I'm getting the following error after logging into Garmin Connnect and attempting to view any page (Dashboard, Activities). This happens on multiple computers, and I've also tried closing the browser, signing out, etc. I was initially able to log in, sync my device (forerunner 15), and view my activities, but tried to edit one of my activities and got this error. Now this is all that shows on the webpage. Anyone have any ideas?

Sorry, we encountered an internal error.

Details

org.springframework.web.client.DefaultResponseErrorHandler.handleError(DefaultResponseErrorHandler.java:91)
org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.handleResponseError(RestTemplate.java:533)
org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.doExecute(RestTemplate.java:489)
org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.execute(RestTemplate.java:447)
org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.getForObject(RestTemplate.java:215)
com.garmin.connect.oauth.impl.DefaultOauthRestClientImpl.get(DefaultOauthRestClientImpl.java:67)
com.garmin.web.DashboardController.populateLoggedInModel(DashboardController.java:660)
com.garmin.web.DashboardController.populateDefaultModel(DashboardController.java:614)
com.garmin.web.DashboardController.dashboard(DashboardController.java:112)
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor108.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:219)
org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:132)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.invokeAndHandle(ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.java:104)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.invokeHandleMethod(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:746)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.handleInternal(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:687)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.handle(AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.java:80)
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:925)
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:856)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:915)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:811)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:796)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
com.garmin.web.service.util.XHttpMethodOverrideFilter.doFilterInternal(XHttpMethodOverrideFilter.java:62)
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
com.garmin.web.filter.sso.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:129)
com.garmin.web.filter.sso.ConditionalFilterChain.doFilter(ConditionalFilterChain.java:44)
org.jasig.cas.client.util.AssertionThreadLocalFilter.doFilter(AssertionThreadLocalFilter.java:63)
com.garmin.web.filter.sso.ConditionalFilterChain.doFilter(ConditionalFilterChain.java:41)
org.jasig.cas.client.util.HttpServletRequestWrapperFilter.doFilter(HttpServletRequestWrapperFilter.java:86)
com.garmin.web.filter.sso.ConditionalFilterChain.doFilter(ConditionalFilterChain.java:41)
com.garmin.security.cas.client.validation.AbstractTicketValidationFilter.doFilter(AbstractTicketValidationFilter.java:389)
com.garmin.security.cas.client.authentication.UnprotectedAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(UnprotectedAuthenticationFilter.java:98)
com.garmin.security.cas.client.session.SingleSignOutFilter.doFilter(SingleSignOutFilter.java:92)
com.garmin.security.cas.client.util.ExcludedURLDetectionFilter.doFilter(ExcludedURLDetectionFilter.java:68)
com.garmin.web.filter.sso.ConditionalFilter.doFilter(ConditionalFilter.java:81)
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:179)
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:543)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:241)
org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProcessor.process(AjpAprProcessor.java:419)
org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol$AjpConnectionHandler.process(AjpAprProtocol.java:393)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1513)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
  • The "modern" connect site should be online since summer 2014 but it's getting worse all the time! IMHO the developers neither do know what they are doing nor having a real idea how to fix this mess and master the technologies lying underneath such websites. Please, hire professionals!
    Anybody interested in a nearly new Garmin 920 XT red?
  • The "modern" connect site should be online since summer 2014 but it's getting worse all the time! IMHO the developers neither do know what they are doing nor having a real idea how to fix this mess and master the technologies lying underneath such websites. Please, hire professionals!
    Anybody interested in a nearly new Garmin 920 XT red?

The problem is simply far more people than expected got trackerss over the holidays. What's going on is NOT just Garmin Connect. (Polar for example)
  • Everyone can calm down. GC is back.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 9 years ago
    Ever since the begging of the month I have been seeing issues. Come one Garmin get it together. This shouldn't be happening given how long this app has been around.

same problems here ... its just poor planning and quite stupid to think that all these devices could be (or even should be) synced via the web. I personally want to keep my data.

I now have zero confidence in this product or Garmin.

Every turn it gets wors, I regret buying this.
  • Former Member
    Everyone can calm down. GC is back.

thanks for the post ...

.. it is back here in Australia now ... for now.

I remain dubious. This has not been a good start to a product which is also a relationship. It is a relationship because without GC this is a bit of useless rubber around my wrist... I have a better watch.
  • same problems here ... its just poor planning and quite stupid to think that all these devices could be (or even should be) synced via the web. I personally want to keep my data.

I now have zero confidence in this product or Garmin.

Every turn it gets wors, I regret buying this.

With various outages over the last year, I've yet to lose a single step. With other vendors, I can't say the same.
  • thanks for the post ...

.. it is back here in Australia now ... for now.

I remain dubious. This has not been a good start to a product which is also a relationship. It is a relationship because without GC this is a bit of useless rubber around my wrist... I have a better watch.

Give it a week or two. These post-holiday problems are NOT typical. And other vendors have has similar issues over the last couple week.

And who knows - the outage today could have been an equipment upgrade in the Garmin server farm. The site also got backlogged a few months back when "segments" became really popular. And now, segments work like a charm!
  • Former Member
    With various outages over the last year,

sync has not actually worked ... not that this is your responsibility, I'm just bitching that the product seems (from my usage perspective) to be rubbish
  • No longer getting the error

I'm getting the following error after logging into Garmin Connnect and attempting to view any page (Dashboard, Activities). This happens on multiple computers, and I've also tried closing the browser, signing out, etc. I was initially able to log in, sync my device (forerunner 15), and view my activities, but tried to edit one of my activities and got this error. Now this is all that shows on the webpage. Anyone have any ideas?

Sorry, we encountered an internal error.

Details

org.springframework.web.client.DefaultResponseErrorHandler.handleError(DefaultResponseErrorHandler.java:91)
    org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.handleResponseError(RestTemplate.java:533)
    org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.doExecute(RestTemplate.java:489)...truncated

I'm back up!! :) Wish I'd known what was going on though.
  • sync has not actually worked ... not that this is your responsibility, I'm just bitching that the product seems (from my usage perspective) to be rubbish

Good thing I'm not responsible, as I DO NOT work for Garmin. I'm just a user like you. This is a user to user forum. I've used garmin devices for a year however, and have also used Nike, Fitbit, Withings, Misfit, and Polar trackers, and my perspective is that the GC site is much more robust and the data is more accurate than any vendor's site I've used.