This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Upload and share training plans or workout sessions in Garmin Connect

I understand it is only possible to upload activities on Garmin Connect.

I have several friends who have a Garmin Forerunner and we've been using Garmin Training Center for years to create and share or training plans through download/upload functions.

This should be a feature available on Garmin Connect. I want to be able to upload on GC all the workouts I already programmed on GTC. Creating workouts is time consuming. One might even expect to be able to directly share them with your GC connections.

Thank you for your feedback.
  • Mmm.. see what you mean - doesn't seem possible now to upload workouts created on TC whereas it used to be. I only occasionally create workouts on TC now when I need to use a feature that Connect does not support but it's annoying that Garmin have dropped the compatibility. Perhaps someone on here has a script that can fix TC files so they can be uploaded.
  • Would be great to be able to upload a calendar or export a calendar from connect instead of manually creating custom workouts one by one and dragging them into the calendar.
  • It's a shame that with Garmin dropping Training Center features. I'd like to see the ability to import not only custom workouts that have already been created, but also add the ability to import workouts and schedules to Garmin Connect. Also, I'd like to see pace zones come back. In TC, you could update your user profile pace chart to have all the workouts updated without requiring each workout be edited manually.

What would be even better, would be the ability to sync workout/schedule from TrainingPeaks directly into Garmin Connect and sync down to our Forerunners. Maybe we might see this now that we have workout activities are auto-sync'ed into TrainingPeaks.
  • I'll chime in that it would be really great to be able to share workouts / calendar schedules . My friend and I are using the same training plan right now. Yesterday I was extolling the virtues of putting all the workouts in the calendar so your watch prompts you to do that each day. I would love to send him all the workouts (120+) that I've created so that he doesn't need to recreate them himself, but there seems to be no way to do that.
  • +1 for this... I have a triathlon group and we usually have the same training plan for the week. It´s "mandatory" to have the feature of adding a planned exercise to a Group Calendar, and everybody can upload to their Garmins and practice together.

Garmin staff... any word on that?
  • Same here ...
    Please enable workouts, goals and notes on group calendar.
    So that we can share training plans.
    Kind Regards,
    Glenn
  • I have to agree. Share calendar between contacts.

I could not wish for this hard enough. I have laboriously added a marathon training plan to my Garmin Calendar, which I can download to my watch. My wife is training with me, but unless I again laboriously add, step by step, the plan to HER calendar, she can't get it on her watch. Please add this functionality, Garmin.
  • +1 from me too. Lack of functionality from TC to GC is not nice. Our group has some lengthy workouts and it'd be great to just post it once and let everyone access it online instead of everyone having to go in and create all of the steps.

Thanks!