This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I customize Garmin Connect dashboard?

My Garmin Connect dashboard used to show my latest activity (as well as other items). I inadvertently deleted this part of the display from the dashboard. How do I restore it. More generally, how do I customize the dashboard?
  • restore dashboard

Did you ever get an answer to this? Mine got wiped too. There must be way to restore default panels, please help!
  • I have the same issue. Found this on FAQ, but I don;t see the 'add to dashboard' option in the fourth bullet. Any ideas?

How do I add a feature to a dashboard?
    • View the dashboard where you want to add the feature.
    • Select the menu in the top left corner. (It looks like 3 stacked lines.)
    • Choose the feature and slide out the description to the right of the name.
    • Select “Add to Dashboard.”
    The feature will be added to the first dashboard. Look for it below your existing features.
  • … I don;t see the 'add to dashboard' option in the fourth bullet.
    See this demo (and also read the last two posts on that page).
  • Moving or filtering specific activities between dashboards

I have created a new dashboard; Skiing.

I have mapped out my ski tour roughly in Google My Maps, and exported it to a .kml file.

I converted the .kml file into .gpx and imported# it into Garmin Connect, making sure I had my new skiing tab open.

Because I did not know I had to have an activity feature in my dashboard, I just had a blank skiing dashboard.

I went looking for this new ski tour in my activities list,

I eventually found it at the bottom of my activities with a default date of 1/1/2010

I edited the activity in Connect and changed it to 'BACKCOUNTRY SKIING/SNOWBOARDING'.

But my Skiing Dashboard is stubbornly blank.

I searched and found this thread and followed BRAISIM's instructions to add an activity 'feature' to my skiing tab.

However, it shows all of my cycling as well.

How do I filter the activities so it only shows BACKCOUNTRY SKIING/SNOWBOARDING?

#I had to import the .kml it into Strava and export it as a .gpx
    Garmin Connect would not recognise the .gpx export files from either GPS Visualiser or GPSies.
  • How do I customise the Garmin Connect dashboard?

How do I filter the activities so it only shows BACKCOUNTRY SKIING/SNOWBOARDING?

I contacted Garmin support and their rep said there is no permanent filtering of activities by dashboard tab.

FYI
  • If you scroll down there should be a plus sign in a dashed rectangle. You can add to the dashboard.