This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Elevation in metres everything else in miles/feet

I decided last week to change my units of measurement from metres to miles.

I went into Garmin Connect>Settings>Display Preferences and selected Statute UK as my preferred units of measurement.
I then went into Setup>System>Units on my Forerunner 610 and altered the units there (including elevation).

After I made the changes I did 2 runs which have now been uploaded to Garmin Connect. Both activities still show the elevation in metres although everything else is now in miles or feet.

I've checked the 610 and it still says feet for elevation and Garmin Connect is still showing Statute UK for the units.

What other step have I missed to change the elevation from metres to feet?
  • I thought statue UK was intended to give you distance in miles and elevation in meters. But I may be mistaken. I'm not familiar with the 610, are you sure you didn't just put statue on it? Or does it allow you to set the units for each measure?
  • The settings on the watch don't affect the units displayed on Garmin Connect.

For Garmin Connect, setting units to "Statue UK" gives you distance in miles, elevation in metres, temperature in Celsius.
    "Statute" gives distance in miles, elevation in feet, temperature in Fahrenheit.
    "Metric" gives distance in km, elevation in metres, temperature in Celsius.
  • Ah ha! Looks like I'm stuck with it then. :(

Thanks
  • Not sure why you're stuck.. What is it you're wanting. You can get GC to show all metric, or statue miles with meters and Celsius, or statue miles with feet and fahrenheit. If you want statue miles, feet and Celsius, or all the variations with nautical, then you are s.o.l.
  • Thanks for this thread - managed to work out why could not get feet for elevation

Thanks all, I changed setting to Statute instead of Statute UK and got all I was looking for. Who knew that Statute UK was Metres, must be something to do with Common Market!! I am one of these people who can only relate to height in feet. But also Fahrenheit for high temperature, but then Celsius for low temperature! Just had a great ride over Leith Hill in Surrey, 38 miles in all and 2,400 feet of climbing. Managed 15 miles per hour average which is not super quick I know but 0.5mph faster than last time I did it.

Regards all:D
  • I'm afraid only centigrade makes sense to me these days. Miles I am happy with, but I need Feet for altitude. I'm guessing the Edge 500 doesn't cater for my english habits.
  • I'm getting miles, feet, and Celsius, but the temperature graph is labelled in Fahrenheit.
  • Yup, me too. this is with a 510 on firmware v2.9
  • very annoying that reports always show Fahrenheit, even though the 810 is switched to Celsius.

and why are loaded courses always shown as 3mph?????
  • How the units display on your device is entirely separate from Garmin Connect. If Garmin Connect does not display the units in the measure you want, then you must change it in the Garmin Connect settings.

Unfortunately, Garmin Connect does not give you control over them individually. So you are stuck with Metric, Statue, or Statue UK.