This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Import training programs into the Garmin connect calender

I have been searching the internet and the forum for a solution in almost an hour, but i can't find someone that's got the same problem. :p :p
My issue is:
I want to train for a triathlon and i wonder, can i import training programs, like this: http://gbr.garmin.com/winter-training/_downloads/triathlon/Tri-Training-Programme-12-week-Olympic-Intermediate.pdf (it can be other programs, that was just an example) into the Garmin connect calender, and then to my 910xt, work out and then re-upload it (ofc). I have tried to use training center, but it doesn't take the swimming workouts. Just running and cycling.

HELP!!
  • Hi
    Did you find a way to do this - I have the same issue and found your thread when searching for a solution?
  • Hi
    Did you find a way to do this - I have the same issue and found your thread when searching for a solution?

I believe all you have to do is go to the "Explore" Tab when you are in garmin connect, then click on training plans. Once the training plan window opens scroll down to the bottom to Olympic training or whatever you want. After you click on the training plan you choose you can click the "Schedule" button at the top right of the training plan window. After you schedule it you can send it to your watch.

To send to the watch go to your "Plan" tab, click Calendar. Once you open the calendar there will be a button at the top right of the window that looks like an arrow comming out of a box. Click on that and select "Send Workouts to Device" If your watch is nearby it will download the training plan.

Hope this helps.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 10 years ago
    Holy cow, that was not at all obvious, but easier than what I was trying to do. I was trying to figure out a way to send to device from each of the work outs. Thanks for pointing it out.
  • Now that Training Center is no longer being developed (or supported), does the new Garmin Connect website allow you to import TCX training plans from sites such as Training Peaks? The classic Garmin Connect did not support this option and for those of us who have training plans (or coaches) at Training Peaks, it is helpful to be able to import the training plan schedule into our Garmin devices. Without Garmin Training Center and ANT+ agent, has Garmin taken this into account and added a feature to upload TCX training plans? Also, has anyone found a third party solution that will do the same thing?
  • Without Garmin Training Center and ANT+ agent, has Garmin taken this into account and added a feature to upload TCX training plans?

You can't upload data to some devices (610, 910, ...) without the ANT Agent and Communicator Plugin at this time.
  • Now that Training Center is no longer being developed (or supported), does the new Garmin Connect website allow you to import TCX training plans from sites such as Training Peaks? The classic Garmin Connect did not support this option and for those of us who have training plans (or coaches) at Training Peaks, it is helpful to be able to import the training plan schedule into our Garmin devices. Without Garmin Training Center and ANT+ agent, has Garmin taken this into account and added a feature to upload TCX training plans? Also, has anyone found a third party solution that will do the same thing?

I'm looking for the same thing. Have you found a solution yet?
  • I'm looking for the same thing. Have you found a solution yet?

Me too.
  • Switched from Endomondo Premium - want to finish my Half Marathon Training Plan

I recently switched from a Nike+ Sport Watch to the Garmin Forerunner 225. I was on track with my half marathon training using Endomondo. I'm able to export the TCX training plan files but cannot figure out how to upload them into Garmin Connect. Has anyone found an area to upload TCX training plan files (intervals, pace runs, etc..)?
  • I'm also trying to export an endomondo training plan to my garmin forerunner 620. Does anyone know how to do this ?
  • I recently switched from a Nike+ Sport Watch to the Garmin Forerunner 225. I was on track with my half marathon training using Endomondo. I'm able to export the TCX training plan files but cannot figure out how to upload them into Garmin Connect. Has anyone found an area to upload TCX training plan files (intervals, pace runs, etc..)?

I have the same question. Have you fond a way to upload 3-rd party workouts into Garmin Connect?! Thx.