This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

More granular unit settings. Weight in pounds, distances in km?

It would be nice if we could have more granular control over the units in Garmin Connect. For example, I would like to be able to use km for distances, but pounds for weight. I don't think this is currently possible.
  • #2 for this...I would prefer distance in miles, elevation in feet, weight in kilos and temperature in centigrade...given my Edge500 can count my calories as I'm changing a tube while whistling the national anthem, how hard can this be??
  • +1

In Canada (at least where I'm from) we use km and lbs.
  • Please make 'weight' a separate preference.

Weight is a measured in lbs and is a function of mass and gravity (i.e. your weight is different on the moon), and is what is commonly used in Canada when referring to one's own weight.

Kg is a measuer of mass only, and is constant no matter what planetoid you're on.

In Canada, we use lbs for weight and Km for speed and distance (unless you're at the doctor's office).
  • To expand on this I would love if we could set the units for each activity. I currently train according to the CFE (Crossfit Endurance) plan and some of the workouts use miles and some of them use km. It's VERY annoying to change the display settings every time and then when going back through old activities, trying to figure out why it looks so weird when I'm currently using a different setting.

However, being able to chose that pace is always displayed in min/mile would be great too.
  • Another vote for this - I'm also in Canada, and use lbs for weight and km for distance. We should be able to set the units for different things separately.
  • As per SUSANMY units per activity would be nice. For preference I would like Stones and lbs for weight and miles for distance when running a mile based course e.g. 5, 8, 10 mile or K's when running 5K 10 K etc

However - having said this I'd like an awful lot of other basic functions in Connect to be working first :)

I still haven't switched to modern and am waiting until the glitches are ironed out
  • Bumping this - because it's 2019, and this still hasn't been implemented.

I would suggest anyone wanting this feature submit it via Garmin's "Share Ideas" page:

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/

• Not only that, but I would also love to have running pacing displayed on mins/mi, mins/km but also sec/200m, sec/400m or sec/800m all at the same time for track workouts!  I know you can add a CIQ field for those but you can only have 2 of them ... how stupid is that?!?

• Super annoying: setting for km, lbs, celsius please!