This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Importing Suunto Training Manager Data in to Garmin Connect

Hi All,

I have recently moved frmo a suunto t6c to a Garmin 705. The main reason was the improved usability, and infomraito available while on the bike.

I have approx 18 months worth of data stored in Suunto's Training Manager, and also their on-line "Movescount" software. Is there any way to import this data in to GC to at least give me a training history?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
  • Has anyone managed to do this, it seems that the suunto files are either csv or sdf ?:confused:
  • Import Movescount data

I too have changed from a Suunto product to a Garmin, much to my delight thus far:), and would love to transfer my moves over. Anyone have an idea how this can be done?
  • Has anyone found a solution for this yet?

Best regards
  • Did anybody manage to do this?
  • No idea if it'll work as I've not owned a Suunto watch, but give this a try: Set up sync from Movescount to Strava, then use Tapiriik.com to auto sync Strava to Garmin Connect.

While you're at it, have Tapiriik also sync your activities out to Dropbox as TCX files so you won't have to worry about this in the future if you change platforms again.
  • Did you try to sync suunto to strava and strava (automatically) syncs to garmin connect?

• I found a solution to sync all dives (that are still on your suunto watch) nicely to Garmin Connect (including depth graph etc):

1. download suunto app om your phone and login to your account
    2. download suuntolink on your computer, login to your account and sync all dives (via usb cable)
    3. go to suunto app and select the specific dive to be synced and then select “export as FIT file”. Save the file to a location to a location from where you can import files to Garmin Connect (Dropbox, OneDrive, etc)
    4. go to Garmin Connect on your computer and import all suunto FIT files (multiple files can be selected)
    5. The dive will now nicely show up in full detail in Garmin connect (online) and Garmin Dive app and in minor detail on Garmin Connect app. Some data fields will be blank but can easily be updated via Garmin connect online or Garmin dive app.

I’ve tested this for a non bluetooth dive watch (suunto d4i novo). My guess is that it will also work for for suunto dive watches that do support Bluetooth but then you simply sync the watch to the suunto app via Bluetooth instead of via usb cable/suuntolink.

• Thanks for this!

I have downloaded all the .fit files from the Suunto App, but when I import into Garmin Connect i do not see any dives listed after under the Dives section of Garmin Connect.  Is there a particular process to uploading these fit files as Dive Files?

i had a 3 files that didn't upload successfully, but the rest of the files show as being imported, i just can see them

• Try to find this as "Other" sometime Garmin <-> Suunto correspondence of sports is not right and set by "Other sport"