This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Body Fat Manual Input

Former Member
Former Member
It would be great if Garmin Connect would allow manual input for body fat. My caliper is a pretty good one and I don't see why I should track this kind of data elsewhere.
  • +1 If they don't want to support automatic uploads from other scales, that is fine. But to prevent me from manually entering data is only encouraging me to find alternatives to Garmin connect - I have only had my fenix 2 for 5 days and I'm already looking to get out of their online presence. If I do, they lose a bucket load of customer data which will hinder them getting new customers with new products. It might not be much, but this thread has gone on for two years and it does show a lack of concern for their paid customers... makes me think that I shouldn't consider the money I've spent as any reason to be loyal.
  • Daniel B.,

Very unfortunate is Garmins's stance on the Garmin Connect option. I paid quite a bit for my Edge 500 and as a cyclist, don't desire to have to have additional equipment (and unnecessary) to weigh me down so I can take body metrics. Very, very, poor attitude. Is Garmin all about profit and will not listen to their customers? Shame on you!!

Ken Kimble
    Beaufort, SC
  • I already have Tanita scales, but can't manually enter the data into Garmin connect. Garmins attitude towards their customers on this is really poor.

This is not a technical issue, and there is no way that this policy would make me buy new Tanita scales. In fact, it simply puts me off both the Garmin and Tanita brands, which I already own, and I won't be buying anything else from them.
  • +1
    Manual input is on my Most Wanted list. I have a Tanita scale at work, but the model doesn't work with ANT+. Pls, Garmin folks, make manual input available! :-)
  • As I understand it, buying a Tanita scale wouldn't help me, as it wouldn't connect to the Vivofit. If it did, I might switch from my Aria. Would it connect to the Garmin Fit app via the iphone ANT+ widget do you know?

Plus THANK YOU to the person/s who wrote the apps!
  • +1 This should be a really easy feature to allow - particularly when some of the fields VO2 and weight can already be manually entered - if you search the forums there are some ways to do this - there is at least one app - see link http://kochka.org/2013/08/05/manual-input-of-health-values-into-garmin-connect/
  • Agreed - Garmin seem to be painting themselves into a corner - It's rather naïve to think that in today's marketplace people will allow themselves to be totally tied into proprietary solutions. I'm a great fan of the Garmin devices and of the original connect but I think there is a risk that Garmin are almost forcing their customers to look elsewhere
  • Bump. Next 5 years and still not possible to add body fat manually

• You can import body fat an other values in a CSV file, using the fitbit file format:

Body
    Date,Weight,BMI,Fat
    01-11-2019,77.5,25.84,21.0

• I would not like to create .csv file every time I want to add my weight, body fat % etc. It is not user-friendly.

Anyway it is good to know there's any way to do that Slight smile