This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Body Fat Manual Input

Former Member
Former Member
It would be great if Garmin Connect would allow manual input for body fat. My caliper is a pretty good one and I don't see why I should track this kind of data elsewhere.
  • scale scam

+1

It's outrageous that you have to buy a $250 scale to input body fat on the Garmin system. If you want to prevent users leaving you for other systems, please allow manual updates of more than weight, otherwise you're telling us that you're not really a serious fitness aid.

Not only does the scale cost too much it isn't compatible with the 405 series. What a shame. At least allow for manual entry of data. Preferably much more and user defined. Maybe even put it into some reports or goals???
  • If you have a Tanita and an FR60, you can upload all of your health data to Garmin Connect.

I use my FR60 to capture the Tanita data, then it transfers from the FR60 to Garmin Connect via ANT Agent, all 9 data fields.

You an only do that with the Tanita BC-1000. I have a BC-543 so I would have to enter the data manually.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 13 years ago
    You an only do that with the Tanita BC-1000. I have a BC-543 so I would have to enter the data manually.

Gotcha
  • Garmin doesn"t care

Well, I'm going to put my vote in with the other users above (even though it's obvious that Garmin isn't going to do anything about it) that the GARMIN CONNECT needs MANUAL INPUT for:

Body Fat %
    Body Water %
    Bone Mass
    BMI

My scale at home already provides me the data i need so i don't need a new scale.
  • Well, I'm going to put my vote in with the other users above (even though it's obvious that Garmin isn't going to do anything about it) that the GARMIN CONNECT needs MANUAL INPUT for:

Body Fat %
    Body Water %
    Bone Mass
    BMI

My scale at home already provides me the data i need so i don't need a new scale.

+1
    I also have a scale and want to imput those values manually. If it's possible to put in my weight manually, these should also be possible.
  • Garmin still on holidays!!

your user community is screaming for some response !! when will we be able to manually input fat% & other body weight info.
  • Any news on this? Maybe with import of a file or something?
  • Tanita data uploading

Hello all,

I have a 310XT + BC1000 they are working well. I have only one question: It is clear that I can delete points from the chart by delete option, but every time I make a new measurement, all previously deleted data will be uploading again and again and I have to delete these points again and again.

Please help.

Norbert
  • Any news on this? Maybe with import of a file or something?
    At least in the Edge 800 the weight information is stored in Garmin\Weight\Weight.fit. If Garmin does not let the manual input of fitness data but the weigth lets edit ourselves the Weight.fit file. Let´s use the FIT SDK for that!
    - There are many ways to generate a Weight.fit file we will use the following stratregy: To edit the Weight.fit we will convert it to a .csv file edit that file and convert it again into Weight.fit
    The process is as follows (with FIT SDK 1.0)
    - Download the FIT SDK from http://www.thisisant.com/pages/products/fit-sdk (The documentation is quite good by the way)
    - Backup Garmin\Weight\Weight.fit
    - We will use the java utility FitCSVTool.jar that is inside the java directory (if java is not instaled in the computer download it from java.com)
    - In the command line execute java -jar FitCSVTool.jar -b Weight.fit Weight.csv
    - Open Weight.csv and add the following lines (adapted to the correct values for a particular reading. If you do not want to input a particular eading leave it blanc but keep the commas. Beware the line breaks. Each line begings always with Definition or Data)
    Definition,0,weight_scale,timestamp,1,,weight,1,,percent_fat,1,,percent_hydration,1,,visceral_fat_mass,1,,bone_mass,1,,muscle_mass,1,,basal_met,1,,active_met,1,,
    Data,0,weight_scale,timestamp,667690680,s,weight,71.3,kg,percent_fat,22.3,%,percent_hydration,8,%,visceral_fat_mass,3,Kg,bone_mass,15,Kg,muscle_mass,45.5,Kg,basal_met,1500,kcal/day,active_met,2300,kcal/day,
    Definition,1,device_info,timestamp,1,,battery_voltage,1,,cum_operating_time,1,,,,,,,,
    Data,1,device_info,timestamp,667690680,s,battery_voltage,1.5,V,cum_operating_time,45126,s,,,,,,,
    - In the command line execute java -jar FitCSVTool.jar -c Weight.csv Weight.fit
    - Copy Weight.fit into Garmin\Weight
    - login into Garmin Connect, Upload data and select fitness data.
    - Enjoy

Info:
    - Absolutely no warranty ;-)
    - I repeat it again. Backup Weight.fit
    - This my first attempt. Things have to be ironed out.
    - The timestamp are the slapsed seconds since UTC 00:00 Dec 31 1989. For a particular date they have to be calculated.
    - I try to update the following fields: weight, percent_fat, percent_hydration, visceral_fat_mass, bone_mass, muscle_mass, basal_met, active_met. But visceral_fat_mass does not get updated.

To erase a reading from a weight scale, and keep it from appearing again and again when importing, open the Weight.csv file and erase the reading. Then generate again the Weight.fit file.
  • I to have the same problem as Norbet ie I have a 310XT and it and the scale work well however I want to permanently delete some old measurements I took when I was playing around with the scale. I can delete old measurements in Garmin Connect, however as soon as I upload new data the old measurements reappear.

I am using a Mac. Is there an easy way to delete old measurements for good?

thanks in advance
    Chris