This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Body Fat Manual Input

Former Member
Former Member
It would be great if Garmin Connect would allow manual input for body fat. My caliper is a pretty good one and I don't see why I should track this kind of data elsewhere.
  • I also would like to see this added. I just bought an Edge 500 leaving my Polar S710 behind. I have always tracked body fat % and weight with the Polar software. Please add this functionality to GC!

Matt
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 14 years ago
    Allow us to enter all the fields

I would like to be able to add or change any of the fields, including body fat percentage! It would also be great if we could delete one of the data points, in case, we didn't want that info on that date.
  • +1

It's outrageous that you have to buy a $250 scale to input body fat on the Garmin system. If you want to prevent users leaving you for other systems, please allow manual updates of more than weight, otherwise you're telling us that you're not really a serious fitness aid.
  • Former Member
    +1

There are plenty of scales which track this, I should be able to enter the fields myself. As an Edge 500 user, I'd have to buy the $300 scale and then the $120 Fitness Watch just to get the data up to Garmin Connect. Theres no reason why I cant just enter in this data (aside from Garmin trying to sell more product I suppose).
  • Me too!!

Me too, it's crazy!! Listen to your customers!!
  • Former Member
    Definitely yes!

I would like to see that feature implement, too.
  • I agree. I would like to be able to put more in to Connect besides weight. Namely, resting heart rate, etc. When will you update Connect to allow manual input?
  • Also as I have a 405cx i could not use the scales anyway right? Switched over from polar and was tracking this with manual input on their pages. As someone above mention would be insane if i had to buy another watch and scales when i allready have a pretty expensive garmin product.
  • I agree. I would like to be able to put more in to Connect besides weight. Namely, resting heart rate, etc. When will you update Connect to allow manual input?

Tracking resting heart rate and comparing it back to training on garmin connect would be nice. A lot easier than trying to compare my spreadsheet to my training log here.