This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"No map data found for this activity"

I have been using my new Forerunner 405 for the past week with no problems using GC. Today however when the data uploaded to GC it displays "No map data found for this activity". The HR data also doesn't appear. The totals for the run are however shown. I Forced an upload but get the same error. Any thoughts?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 15 years ago
    When I upload to Training Center, why do I have no maps for older activities?
  • When I upload to Training Center, why do I have no maps for older activities?

The "no map data" problem is typical of activities on your device that were overwritten to make room for new activities, leaving only summary data. Do you maintain a lot of history on your device?
  • When I upload to Training Center, why do I have no maps for older activities?

As you fill up memory on your Garmin device, it will start overwriting older activities. When this happens, only the summary data from the older activities is saved, and not the detailed GPS data.
  • Hey Conor,

I've tracked down the TCX file for the activity. For some unknown reason there was no GPS data recorded, and that's why there's no map. The summary data is available because Garmin Connect accepts non-GPS activities. My guess is that you either didn't have GPS lock before you pressed Start, or you lost signal shortly after beginning your run. If this problem becomes habit, contact Garmin Support.

Did you try the upload to Garmin's Training Center? Is there a full map there?

kk

i am having this same problem with my 405 and have posted in another forum with no response. my 405 does get a gps lock and keeps it for the entire run (hence the accurate pace/distance/laps for the entire workout).

the tcx file which is uploaded is only 1kb and has lap data only. my only guess is that the gps is working and tracking me as i run but the problem appears to be with the recording of the gps co-ordinates which allow the map to be drawn.

i have done a reset of the device and deleted all old workouts. any other guesses as to what's going on here? (my 405 is a few years old btw)