This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Player link

Former Member
Former Member
It would be great if you were able to post a link to the new Connect Player. I used to do this with the Motion Based Player as it showed everyone in our small amateur MTB group where we'd been. There was no need to log in.
It seems you can't do this now with the Connect Player.
New riders have commented about how fantastic the Motion Based Player is - these may well be tomorrows GPS purchasers. It's a great advert for the software & products and it seems to have slipped right by them this time. Will it be rectified in the future I wonder? Our blog will miss this feature a lot.
Surely Connect should be at least as good as MB before cutting MB off completely. No wonder paid members are up in arms - the reliability of MB wasn't great but it's taking a backwards step (again)
  • Here's a Player Link of one of my recent rides... seems to work similar to MB...
    http://connect.garmin.com/player/8684511
  • Here's a Player Link of one of my recent rides... seems to work similar to MB...
    http://connect.garmin.com/player/8684511

One issue though is that in order to view your link to the player you have to be logged in to a GC account. Not the case on MB.
  • One issue though is that in order to view your link to the player you have to be logged in to a GC account. Not the case on MB.

mmm, it doesn't seem to require me to be logged into GC... see attachment.
  • You are correct.:o I guess GC was lagging when I was trying to view your player.
  • There was no need to log in.
    It seems you can't do this now with the Connect Player.

The Player uses the same Privacy setting controlled on the Details page. If an activity is made Public, no login is required and is viewable by anyone.

However, if the activity is made Private by the owner, then the Player will not allow viewing by anyone (other than the owner), regardless of login state.

Long story short, if you want others to see your activity, make it Public.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 14 years ago
    The Player uses the same Privacy setting controlled on the Details page. If an activity is made Public, no login is required and is viewable by anyone.

However, if the activity is made Private by the owner, then the Player will not allow viewing by anyone (other than the owner), regardless of login state.

Long story short, if you want others to see your activity, make it Public.

All my MB rides are private yet can still use a link to the player and anyone can view them. This has always worked. Guess I'll change them all to public on GC then.