This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dot Racing

I'd like to see Dot racing with a few of the features that used to be at motionbased.

Motion based used to follow your position on the map while zoomed in during playback.

I'd like the ability to slow down playback slower than the existing player. Slow down and interpolate data between points.
  • Yes, Dot Racing is great. I enjoyed that at MB as well.

April
  • Will we ever see dot racing again?
  • Will we ever see dot racing again?

From the Garmin Connect Status page:

Garmin Connect does not offer the Analyzer, Saved Reports, Dot Racing, or Viewports features as you know them at MotionBased. We plan on offer these features at Garmin Connect in the future. When we do, they will be much more robust and customizable where applicable.
  • Bump.......

Looking forward to having dot racing again ;-)

196,896 Views 10-24-09
  • It's finally dry enough to ride the trails.
    I sure would like to be able to dot race myself from a ride last season........... so here's a little bump.

289,688 views 3-21-10
  • Yes, please bring back Dot Racing!!

Dot Racing was one of the main reasons why I paid for a full MB membership. I would be happy to continue paying for that feature, if only it were available! It has been gone for over a YEAR now!!!! So many of the great MB features are now missing, after the "upgrade" to Garmin Connect, but the dot racing is the one I miss most. And I've been running and riding a couple of courses more frequently this year, and I really wish I had the ability to dot race after the fact, to see where I did better, where I did worse, etc.
  • racing feature

i've been using MB also primarily for the racing feature, now i've switched over to gpsrace.ch for this. it's still a bit in it's early days but seems to get better. also can't wait to see the racing back on garmin connect.
  • Dot Racing

The dot racing was the reason I ran faster the next day by forcing myself to not slow down in the hill section the next run.

Also, dot racing against my fellow running buddy would be enjoyable to show him that, yes, I beat him again... ha.
  • Still No Dot Racing.

Am I the only one still waiting for Dot Racing? How do you get anything moving in this forum as it is at least two years since MotionBased closed and Connect failed to fill the gap.

Does anyone know of other software that can do dot racing even if it means buying a new GPS watch from another company?
  • Motionbased ROCKED...GC does NOT!

Please bring back all the features that were offered by MB. I was really excited when it was announced that Garmin acquired MB. I thought that it could only be improved. Boy was I wrong. Listen to the users and look at the data. Over 290,000 have viewed this thread alone about Dot Racing! Does that tell you something. The Explore feature is pitiful as well compared to the search that was on MB. Garmin are you listening to your customers?