This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sleep Tracking Issue with Garmin Watches Possible Fix

Hey there, fellow Garminites

Let's chat about a little issue I've noticed with our beloved Garmin products. Now, I've been through a few—Vivoactive 3, Vivoactive 4, Fenix 6X Pro, and now the shiny Fenix 7X Pro Solar—and guess what? They all had the same issue when it came to sleep tracking! It starts strong, then poof, it decides to take a nap itself and stop working!

After some good ol' trial and error, I've cracked the code. For me, it's all about that heart rate monitoring game, folks. As a triathlete, my heart rate is my secret sauce to success! But here's the twist—my weight plays hopscotch thanks to water weight, and my watch band? Well, it's like a mood ring, going from "just right" to "what happened, watch?" That's a surefire way to baffle the poor thing. Imagine it—tight at night, loose in the morning, or vice versa. My wrist's a magician when it comes to messing with my watch, too.

Now, here's the kicker. I'm all for Garmin. I've had their Vivoactive series 3 and 4, the Fenix 6X Pro, and now the Fenix 7X Pro. Also, I rely on their Edge 530 bike computer, sport their HRM Pro Plus monitors, and even hooked my kids up with Vivofits. So, yeah, I'm rooting for them like a die-hard fan. But when my sleep tracking stop working, I wasn't thrilled. A grand on a watch that's resting on the job? Nah.

But fear not, here's a "Garminite" gem for you: Want your watch to clock in your Z's? Flip it to the inside of your wrist at bedtime. Ta-da! Suddenly, my sleep tracking was back on track.

Now, I'm not sure if my wrist tattoo's causing a stir—maybe it's adding a sprinkle of mystery. But this simple switcheroo did wonders for me.

Hey, Garmin team, if you're tuning in, us athletes just want our gear to pull its weight, you know? And hey, I'm just a friendly Garminite sharing some nuggets with the community here. If this little hack helps, it's a win for all of us.

Oh, by the way, you can find me on Garmin Connect as V Trice. Let's sync up and keep this Garmin love alive! Garmin, I have invested in you, as you invested in my training, thank you! Let’s keep investing in each other to be the best we can be! Hope this helps! If not keeping striving to find the best rest you can find!

• Garmin "advanced" sleep tracking has never worked properly for me. I'll try it tonight.

• Let me know if you have any success? I have been doing it for the week and its worked every night! Then I just flip my watch back over in the morning.

• Well, it made no difference last night.

Truth be told, I'm a restless sleeper so tracking my sleep would be a challenge for any device.

I'll try again tonight but I'm not optimistic. 

• I am sorry to hear that. (Don't give up, dont ever give up.) Which watch do you have?

• Ahh yes, I understand and get it now! I had the Vivoactive 3 so I get it. I will just say this, as I upgraded things did get better. How long have you had it? Because I also noticed my band was worn out which didn't allow my watch to sit up like it did when I first go it. 

• Pretty close to 5 years

• Night 2 report - Nice try - No cigar.

• I feel you, buddy. It’s such a downer when the fix doesn’t quite click, especially with something as pivotal as our Garmin watches.

I totally get not wanting to splash cash on a new one—I mean, five years is a solid run for any watch, right? . I have had the luxury of upgrading watches in the Gamin portfolio and it has been worth the change! I have learned something new from each watch and each one has performed a little better than the next. Plus I doubt you are the athlete you were 5 years ago?! They’ve got these holiday deals that might just make that transition a bit easier on the wallet.

But hey, don’t throw in the towel just yet. There might still be an unsung hero in the form of a software update lurking around the corner. I’m all about leaving no stone unturned. After all, a solution might just be one "Tri" away, and I won’t rest until we find it!

Hang in there—our Garmin watches might surprise us yet. Keep the faith! Star2Sparkles