This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

January 2023 badges

Good morning,

Anybody know how to get these 3 badges?  Added an event to the calendar, and nothing happened.  Is there something else that needs to be done?

Set a Date
Add an event to your Garmin Connect calendar.

Sharing Is Caring
Share an event from Garmin Connect with others.

Mission Accomplished
Complete an event scheduled on your Garmin Connect calendar.

Garmin Badges

https://blog.garminbadges.com/

Thanks,

D

• You must wait for the badges to come live. They are not available yet. To see if they are available you check your available badges: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/badges 

My blog (Garmin Badges Blog) lists what Garmin has announced in the data that I look at. My site (Garmin Badges web site) will show what badges are available and these new badges are not available yet. 

• "You must wait for the badges to come live. They are not available yet. To see if they are available you check your available badges: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/badges "

Not all badges show up there.  Finish Strong and Strong Start were not on there, yet I was able to get them.  I think Chinese New Year's Eve and Year of the Rabbit are the same.  They're not in the available section but if you do an activity on these days you'll get those badges.  Figured the Calendar badges were the same.

But yeah, they're supposed to be January badges, so I assumed they would be available for the whole month?

Cheers,

D

• Yes. True. Repeatable badges that you've already got are not displayed as available. They are displayed in Earned section.

If you use my site you can see what badges are up next to take. No matter if you got them or not. 

• They are not supposed to be January badges. I only wrote them in the January post because Garmin added them to the metadata at the same time as the January challenges. 

Standard badges (except for the time limited ones like Finish Strong, Strong Start, Halloween, Valentine and similar that are for a specific day) are available forever and not just in January.

• I think Chinese New Year's Eve and Year of the Rabbit are the same. 

They will be in the available badge section since they are new badges. 

• Why are there no Zwift badges available? I only see Tacx badges for Smart trainers. 

• Zwift is not owned by Garmin. Tacx is owned by Garmin. 

• However, I have noticed that there are the 2023 Zwift virtual rides available as Calendar events.

I have never gotten one of them to link into the Garmin event on my calendar, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Tacx rides are very easy to link to events.

And yes, Garmin owns Tacx so why not restrict badges and such to their brands. Makes perfect business sense to me.

• The events are user created so you can create any event you like. 

• Have you looked under Training & Planing / Events, then filter for Cycling / Virtual?

So who creates those events, Source says Garmin Connect for example; TDZ 1. etape (Yorkshire)..???

Some user added them, or did Garmin? Curious how this works.