This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Custom Training Plans - Create or Import

There are countless 5+ year old threads on this...wondering if there's an update.

Is there any way to import or create a training plan in Garmin Connect? I have semi regular 8-12 week blocks that I repeat and I really don't want to have to drag each workout individually back onto the calendar to repeat the block.

• Yes, it is possible, but you'd need to request the access to the Training API (you need to be an approved business developer, though, for that).

• So pretty user friendly then Stuck out tongue

I'd like to add a set of workouts to a plan and be able to add that plan to the calendar as needed. Garmin literally does everything else, can't wrap my head around why this isn't a thing

• You can create workouts in the Workout editor, and add them to the calendar individually, can't you?

• Yes I can and it's what I have done. 

12 week block that I repeat, roughly 5 workouts a week. 60 workouts created then added back into the calendar each time I want to repeat the block? Seems like such low hanging fruit to allow me to group them..

• Yes, I see. You could try suggesting it to Garmin: Share Ideas | Garmin

• I've contacted one of the 3rd party training plan groups to see if I get a plan from them whether it can be given to me ready to go into garmin connect. There really should be a way to construct and edit a training plan by now. Crazy they have not listened or done anything for over 5 years. 

• +1

Should be basic functionality, this. I've got a running plan consisting of 40 workouts. Whenever in the future I want to do that program again, I will need to manually add the same 40 workouts individually. I can see how that can become quite frustrating.

• I can only repeat my recommendation to suggest the feature at Share Ideas | Garmin - that's the only way to get the request to the developers (assuming there are numerous similar requests).

Other than that, I suggest looking also at Training Peaks and at other similar 3rd part services who do use Garmin's Training API and do sync their own workouts to Garmin Connect. You may be able to create your workouts on their site or with their app, and then just sync it to Garmin Connect