This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue Saving Course in Garmin Connect Web When Importing Source as GPX from OS Maps

• Hi. I am trying to import a route into Garmin connect which I created and exported from the OS website. It imports ok but I get an error "We're having trouble saving your course. Try again" when I try to save it. It doesn't seem to matter how long, short or complicated the route is and I know I've been able to go through this process before. Is anyone else having this error or does anyone have any tips or advice? Many thanks

• Yes I'm having this exact issue. It was working fine last week but now I just get message saying problem saving this course. The GPX files will happily open within connect but I cannot save them. Even files that I know to have worked previously now do not. Something has changed somewhere but I can't work out what. I have tried all kinds of GPX files, I have checked formatting on external sites, I've reinstalled connect, rebooted phones computers and watches but to no avail. I think there is a recent issue in connect back end.

• I have same issue, it is recent too, seemed to have started last week. Prior to that had no issues. 

• Seems to be a problem at the moment for users located in England and neighboring countries. Suggest reporting the issue to Garmin Product Support.

• Not just me then, thought I was going mad!

I eventually found that if I removed each of the course points it will save ok. Unfortunately seems you have to do them one at a time and I had 12 routes I needed to save, some of which had over 100 course points. All done now but I'm sure it didn't happen before and I'm sure there should be an easier work around. Good luck!

• Hi,

I'm currently trying to upload some gpx tracks for a hike I've planned Friday but I cannot get the Garmin Connect App or Garmin connect through a web browser to save the course. Is this a Garmin service issue or am I doing something wrong? 

• I'm having the same issue currently.
    Creating routes in OS Maps, downloading the GPX but can't get it to accept it in either Web or App versions of Garmin.

Constantly getting this error: We're having trouble saving your course. Try again. 

As a workaround I have just found that I can download an existing GPX file for another route in Garmin and edit it (on a PC)
    Open the GPX in Notepad.
    Delete everything 
    between the XML tags:    
    <trkseg>
    </trkseg> 

Then open the OSMaps GPX in notepad, copy all the lines in that file that are between the same segments/tags.
    Paste those into the first file
    Save it
    Import it back in to Garmin.

This isn't too technical, but is a pain in the backside!

• Hello, after 6 months of fault free use, Garmin Connect will not import a gpx course - keeps stating 'oops looks like there was a problem saving this course."

I've tried reinstalling etc etc. No joy... looked on the forum and tried things,  still no joy.  

Very frustrating.  Any ideas please? Thanks, Nige

• This is a known issue as reported here - In mobile app and web I can no longer save GPX files I have uploaded

Merging your post. As suggested earlier, contact Garmin Product Support.