This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Active May Challenge - Not counting all activity types

My Active May Challenge is still only showing 4 activities even though I've completed 8 activities of over 20 minutes.

Leaving and Rejoining the challenge has not helped.

What might be relevant is that 4 of the activities are walking and 4 are indoor rowing so is there a chance one of these activities is invalid?

• ...and the indoor rowing is logged via Concept2's app rather than a Garmin device so I wonder if that might be part of the equation. It'd be useful to hear if others are still having a problem.

• and the indoor rowing is logged via Concept2's app rather than a Garmin device so I wonder if that might be part of the equation.

It probably is.

FYI, all my activities (of various types, but all recorded by a garmin device) are counted correctly.

• All activity types counts, but they must be recorded with a Garmin device. Manually created activities or imported from 3rd party services will not count.

• I've since logged another walking event using a Garmin device so I agree that it must be because Garmin are not including the activities from Concept2.
    I can't understand why Garmin would choose to exclude those because it would be very easy for them to verify them as authentic using a token, especially given that Concept2 are known for being so robust in their measurements.

• It is just the rules for challenges and badges:

• Manually created activities or Move IQ events will not earn badges.
    • A Garmin device must be used when recording an activity or completing a challenge.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=6pECo6UIFn7ergw8kNmfu9

• Technically I can't see any barriers to them allowing activities submitted using trusted third party apps to be included in challenges. I hope that in time that Garmin are more open to the other devices we own. Either that or that Garmin partner with Concept2 or even purchase them.

• I think it is more of a business decision. Garmin sells hardware. If they open up to other systems the need for Garmin's hardware is decreased.

• Yup, I think so to. The dangerous thing about closed systems though is that competing open systems always spring up around them and take some of their share. IMHO Strava would not be as large as it is if Garmin Connect was already open. Garmin will probably have to keep buying the competition.