What are the number of points needed for Levels from challenges/ badges?

Please can Garmin publish a list of how many total points are  needed for each level as well as how many points to the next level.

Also I have heard that there are now 10 levels, can you confirm this?

Has anyone tried to keep track of each time they get a new level and the points to the next level? If so we can workout a few of the numbers.

Top Replies

All Replies

• They are all known.

Level

• Thanks e7Andy for the quick response and info.

Looks like I'll be training for a while longer.

• Thanks! People just gotta love how it complies with the Garmin's sense of logic for motivation... (sarcasm, it is really a bad system)

• sarcasm, it is really a bad system

Just curious - what's wrong with it? I do not quite see what the problem is, but if you have an idea how to improve the system, you should suggest it to Garmin (Submitting an Idea to Garmin)

• For one, I will work the rest of my life to get to 6 or 7, health permitting, and I'll be dead before I can get to 8 or 9. Never mind level 10.

• For one, I will work the rest of my life to get to 6 or 7, health permitting, and I'll be dead before I can get to 8 or 9. Never mind level 10.

And I'd tell it is fair. The level 10 should be reserved only to the best of the best, after long years of activity. If everyone could reach the level 10 within a few months, it would be worthless. I am at the level 6 after 3 years of owning a Garmin watch, and am an average 60 years old guy, so I think anyone can get there with a bit of effort, and stay motivated for the rest of the life to get higher.

• I think the point that Cdonner was trying to make is that it is almost impossible to get to level 10.  To get from level 9 to 10 is  5120 points the maximum number of points for a single activity is 8.  the "easiest" repeatable 8 point activities are  marathon and the 100 mile cycle.  by this level you will have exhausted all the other badges that can only be achieved once.  

So 5120 point / 8 is 640.  If you were to run a marathon every month this would take you 52 years to complete just to get from level 9-10.  I don't think any person in history has managed to achieve that level of activity for that long. 

In reality most of the easy badges have been exhausted by level 4  so you are looking at a total of 10,080 points to get to level 10. Same scenario as above now put it as 1260 marathons, one a month is 105 years, one a week 24 years , one a day 3 and a half years. 

• If you take all badges and challenges every month you will get about 250 points per year.

To reach level 10 it will take about 41 years.

If you take the Challenge Champ badge 250 times you will get another 500 points which will shave 2 years of the 41 so in about 39 years you can be level 10.

That is not impossible. Level 10 is for the dedicated.

If you add a bunch or marathons and ultras to that it will go even faster. 

• So 5120 point / 8 is 640.  If you were to run a marathon every month this would take you 52 years to complete just to get from level 9-10.

Nah, you can't do that. There is limit of 250 marathon badges.

Those limits are bad and make even less sense with added new levels. This could be a nice feature to list all runs of a given distance just be clicking on a badge, also for shorter distances.

• There is limit of 250 marathon badges.

I do not see any limit at the Marathon badge (unlike as at some other repeatable badges). Besides that, there are plenty of other repeatable badges with 8 or 4 points - 50K Ultra, 50 Miles Ultra, 100 Miles Ultra, 100 Miles Ride, 60-Day Goal Getter, 10K a Day Challenge, ...

The level 10 should really be extremely hard to get to, and it is good so. It would be worthless, if you could reach it within just a couple of years.