This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

password reset

Why does this keep happening?
It automatically changes my password without warning so I have to keep logging in to everything all the time with random passwords emailed to me!

This has been happening for months now, suddenly I'm logged out of everywhere and unable to login, I check my emails and my password has changed 10 times.
Whats going on?

• Someone is trying to log in to your garmin connect account. He cannot do it, because he doesn't know the password, but what he can do is request a password reset, which gets sent to your e-mail address.

• I thought that was the case.. but should it not produce a link for me to reset the password if I did choose to do so rather than automatically changing my password!

• I checked now and Garmin will send out a temporary password, but the old password will still work so you don't have to care about those emails. Just continue to use your old password.

• Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case for me, will have to double check (need to wait for it to happen again) but I seem to recall it kicking me out of the mobile app each time and not letting me log in to the webapp with current password.
    will update once I can confirm.

• Maybe it will behave differently if you do multiple resets or not login as fast as I did when I tested.

• randomly happened again this morning, spammed a load of new passwords, couldn't log in with current password had to use the latest temporary one to reset the password, then re-login in on app and other devices.

• Then maybe try changing an e-mail address, some services allow to create aliases (another address, but received to the same e-mail account and can be sorted by directories) or create a separate one.

With more addresses it's easier to keep things clean, for example: one address can be for shopping, other for games, etc.