This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Complete FitBit history import

Hello all,

If you are attempting to import your complete FitBit data into Garmin Connect, I have written a program to assist with that. It will convert the entire FitBit history in JSON format to the CSV format that Garmin Connect Web requires. Here is the program, enjoy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Garmin/comments/12c6b3l/importing_historical_fitbit_data_into_garmin/

• Hi! I've tried to download your program, but it keeps saying I need .NET (that I have and updated).. can you help? Thanks!

• Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    This is exactly what I've been searching for and it worked flawlessly.

• Are you sure it's the correct version of .Net? It should install the needed version.

• Just tried this and it seems to have worked, but then I've got "An error occurred with the upload"

• Did you install .NET 5.0 Desktop Runtime? (get it here)
    The setup.exe says it'll install v5.0.7, but I've cancelled that and installed the latest version myself (v5.0.13 at the moment).
    Afterwards Sunbreak.FitbitJsonConverter.exe launches just fine for me.

It converts my 6 years of data to a single CSV. In it I see it's split in Body, Activities & Sleep.
    The upload however doesn't work. I get the same error as 5199570: 'an error occurred with the upload'.
    When I have a bit more time I'm going to play around with the contents of the CSV. But that'll be for another time...

• Yep, I have no issue with launching it, the issue is with the upload failing. I took a look at the CSV and couldn't see any visual difference from a working upload vs this one, aside from a slightly different sleep data format. But even after correcting that format manually, it still failed.

BUT, After cutting it  down to a much smaller chunk of like 15 days to test, it worked just fine. So, Either there's a single data point throwing it off somewhere, or the upload just can/'t handle large amounts of data at once.

• Hello all,

I have looked into it this morning and I cut my own data down to just activity data and then did a year-by-year splice as well. I had to split some years in half and I was able to get it all uploaded. I don't remember having to do this months ago when I first wrote this. I will create an update here in a bit with separate files.

• I updated the code/install. It creates multiple files now. Please read the readme as I updated that as well. Let me know if there are any questions or comments.

• much better now! Thanks for that!

Also good to know: don't upload too many files at once. I added all 14 CSVs for activities all at once, and 6 of them failed. After waiting a bit and retrying no more problem Slight smile

My sleep data still doesn't import though. I tried to remove some of the data fields, but it still fails to import.
    Well, I don't really care about sleep data... Slight smile

• I'm well aware this is an old post, so I'm not expecting anything!

I've downloaded it, and it does work - to a point. I found I needed to break the data down into a different csv file for each month, rather than for each year. Is there an easy way to do this, or is it just quicker to cut and paste for now?

Thank you so much for the program!