This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't see my friends daily steps?

Hi.

I just got a Garmin Forerunner 245. I can't, however, see my friends' daily steps on the news feed. They're able to see mine and we know that their privacy settings are as they should be, since other friends can see their steps. They use Android while I have iOS.

What can I do to fix this? 

• You can see the weekly steps , not the daily ones though - I’m part of a fitness group that does weekly challenges that involves x amount of steps per day so was a nice feature to have on the newsfeed. Shame it’s been removed 

• You can see the weekly steps , not the daily ones though

You can see the daily steps, when you click any of the contacts on the leaderboard. The daily steps are listed on their Steps timeline.

• What changed with the News feed , no more activity and steps?

• I emailed Garnin they've removed the step tab. Maybe if enough people contact them they'll consider restoring it. Like everyone else it was good for motivating others by checking in on their strp count  

• I emailed Garnin they've removed the step tab. Maybe if enough people contact them they'll consider restoring it. Like everyone else it was good for motivating others by checking in on their strp count 

They removed it intentionally, because permanently loading the data of all contacts into the newsfeed of millions of users is redundant, and caused a high load on the servers, and a lot of unnecessary data transfer, increasing so the cost not only on their side, but aso at customers using a metered mobile data connection (leading hence to complaints about the data consumption).

It is unlikely they would add it back, but you can still see the steps of your friends in GCM Menu » Challenges » Connections » Steps

• I have the same problem, missing on my iPhone, but not in my friends iPhone