This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't see my friends daily steps?

Hi.

I just got a Garmin Forerunner 245. I can't, however, see my friends' daily steps on the news feed. They're able to see mine and we know that their privacy settings are as they should be, since other friends can see their steps. They use Android while I have iOS.

What can I do to fix this? 

• I have no idea but I can’t either it’s no longer showing under news feed which is super annoying. On top of that I have to restart my watch every couple days for it to connect to the app after updating my iPhone. 

• Note que hoy no puedo ver el conteo de pasos mio ni de mis conexiones y ese dato es de mucha importancia para mí, me motiva y me ayuda en mi día a día. 

• Yes, I have the same issue. I was also wondering how to fix it. If anyone has found a solution,  please post it here so we could all do the same. Thanks. 

• If anyone has found a solution,  please post it here so we could all do the same

There was a solution was posted at the beginning of this thread: you can use the Steps Leaderboard in Garmin Connect Web. Another possibility is uninstalling the GC Mobile app, and installing an older version from an unofficial APK archive such as the apkssl.com or apkmirror.com (after having diasbled the auto-updates).

Other than that, the only thing you can do, is calling the Support and asking them to bring back the function that they removed from the latest version, and hoping they'll do it.

• Since the v4.41 iOSConnect update this week, I can no longer see my, and my connections, total steps for each day in the news feed. This used to be a separate tab from the activities, but has now disappeared. Also no longer available on the website other than totalled on the weekly leaderboard, but with no breakdown by day for my connections. How do we now compete on most steps between us?! Please Garmin, can you put it back?

• I contacted Garmin support about this and they said that this was intentionally removed.  I have no idea why they would just remove this useful feature!   I asked them to submit a feature request to have this added back into the Web and the iOS app.  You may a perfectly valid point? How do we compete with connections on daily step counts now?  I don't want to create a new challenge every week!

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to caespencer

I contacted them as well and was told it was intentionally removed. I suggest anyone who is unhappy about the change contact them and make your feelings known. They more the hear about it, the better the chances they’ll reinstate it. 

• Since the v4.41 iOSConnect update this week, I can no longer see my, and my connections, total steps for each day in the news feed

This was posted 2 days ago. I've merged these threads.

• How do we compete with connections on daily step counts now?  I don't want to create a new challenge every week!

You do not need the News Feed for that. Just go to GCM Menu » Challenges » Connections » Steps, and you'll see the steps of you friends for the current week there, even without having created any Challenge at all.

• My newsfeed used to show my connections steps & activities now it’s just activities ? Any idea why??