This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Didn’t get my treadmill activity badge

Competed over 50 treadmill activities and didn’t receive a badge, started after April 2020 all with my Garmin watch.  

• Did you add the activites manually, or were they all recorded live by a Garmin device? Only the second type counts.

• Thank you for replying, yes, all with my garmin watch, I did however edit running to zipped walking. But the badge states “treadmill activity” Any help is greatly appreciated 

• Sorry speed walking 

• The Treadmill badges work only with activities of the type "Treadmill". Speed Walking is not a Treadmill activity type

• If you change the type it will no longer count as treadmill.

• That sucks, was hoping that’s wasn’t the case, thank you all for the intel, 

• That sucks

Why? Just change it back to Treadmill.

• Then I lose all my credit for walking, I used the treadmill activity on the watch but when I completed my  activity  on the treadmill I edited from running to speedwalking and I’m assuming that’s what there not counting. On the badge it  says 50 “treadmill activity” I was assuming that as long as you’re on the treadmill whether you are walking or running it was going to still count nonetheless I appreciate all the information

• Well, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You have to decide which of the badges you want. If it worked as you'd like, then you could change to one activity type after the other, collecting so all possible badges witht the same activity (or a group of activities) - walking, running, treadmill, cycling, swimming, and who knows what more. That's realy not the puprose of the badges, and it is not supposed to work in that way. I would not tell it sucks, it would suck if it worked that way Slight smile

• Garmin can't know if you are on the treadmill unless you tell them and the only way to do that is to use treadmill run. If there was an activity for treadmill walk then that could be used.

These badges are pretty silly since they only count the number of activities of a certain type and don't care about the distance or time. That means that it works with 1 second long activities. It is up to you to decide the rules for time and distance.