This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

We don't support the file type you tried to import - recovered FIT file but seems corrupt

Hi,

I went out for a long walk and recorded it as a walking activity "outside" with GPS.

It was over one hour, and when I saved it on my Vivosport it indicated a total of 7,700 steps.

However, it did not synch to Garmin Connect. I tried to synch through Garmin Express and the activity did not appear.

I tried extracting it directly from my watch, using it as a mass storage device. However the folder D:\GARMIN\ACTIVITY was empty.

I downloaded Recuva and was able to extract three files. I can see the one, which was saved at the same time I saved it. It states it is 47K in size and is excellent, no overwritten segments detected. It is the last activity I saved, and have not saved anything since that one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[D:] FAT12, 5.17 MB. Cluster size: 2048. Found 3 files.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filename Size Path
_1DG1113.FIT 16115 D:\GARMIN\ACTIVITY\
_1DG4602.FIT 48425 D:\GARMIN\ACTIVITY\
_1CK1232.FIT 26098 D:\GARMIN\ACTIVITY\

When I try to import it to Garmin Express, I get an error message: We don't support the file type you tried to import.

I tried fixing it with FIT TOOLS as suggested in the forum, however, when I run it through the "sections" option, it yields a 2 minutes activity - which is not what it was.

Can the nice developers_1DG4602.zip help me repair it please?

Top Replies

All Replies

• Worked - thank you SOOO much! This run was really important to me!

• Dear Seilogramp,

It is me again. I was wondering if you could help me once more. 

I saved a waling activity on my Garmin Vivosport: "inside", no GPS. It lasted 45 minutes, 5800 steps, and I did not pause it at any point. 

I saved it on the watch, and saw the summary or results. However, when I tried to synch my activities, nothing synched.

I tried looking at the watch as a USB, but the ACTIVITY folder shows empty.

I recovered the file using Recuva, Got a 27K FIT file, with state "poor" as per the results window. 

When I try to import in on Garmin Connect, I get an error message " We do not support the file type you tried to import". 

I repaired it using FIT file tools, and it yielded a 4K file. When I try to import it once again to Garmin Connect, I get another error message: One of your files was not accepted by the system. Please contact support for assistance.

Any chance you could have a look for me please?

_2BK2356.zip

• I recovered the file using Recuva

Good that you got something, but what's left is not much.

Some strangeness here, which is probably why Garmin rejected it.

The rest of the recovered data is minimal, about 1 km and 9 min 26 seconds. 21,010 bytes of the file are corrupted and could not be repaired.

_2BK2356-fixed.zip

Former Member maybe we need a second opinion.Slight smile

• Thank you for looking into it !

I wonder what is wrong with the watch! It is a relatively new one as well, got a replacement for a broken wrist band. None of this used to happen with the old watch!

Cry

• I wonder what is wrong with the watch!

I mostly see the lower end watches here with corrupt fit files. If it's under warranty might be worth opening a support case with Garmin.