This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

We don't support the file type you tried to import - recovered FIT file but seems corrupt

Hi,

I went out for a long walk and recorded it as a walking activity "outside" with GPS.

It was over one hour, and when I saved it on my Vivosport it indicated a total of 7,700 steps.

However, it did not synch to Garmin Connect. I tried to synch through Garmin Express and the activity did not appear.

I tried extracting it directly from my watch, using it as a mass storage device. However the folder D:\GARMIN\ACTIVITY was empty.

I downloaded Recuva and was able to extract three files. I can see the one, which was saved at the same time I saved it. It states it is 47K in size and is excellent, no overwritten segments detected. It is the last activity I saved, and have not saved anything since that one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[D:] FAT12, 5.17 MB. Cluster size: 2048. Found 3 files.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filename Size Path
_1DG1113.FIT 16115 D:\GARMIN\ACTIVITY\
_1DG4602.FIT 48425 D:\GARMIN\ACTIVITY\
_1CK1232.FIT 26098 D:\GARMIN\ACTIVITY\

When I try to import it to Garmin Express, I get an error message: We don't support the file type you tried to import.

I tried fixing it with FIT TOOLS as suggested in the forum, however, when I run it through the "sections" option, it yields a 2 minutes activity - which is not what it was.

Can the nice developers_1DG4602.zip help me repair it please?

Top Replies

All Replies