This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Imported Walking activities (from Komoot) not counted in challenges

When walking with my wife, we track using Komoot. Downloading a GPX from komoot and uploading to Connect imports an 'uncategorized' activity.

Editing the categories to 'walking' or 'hiking' gets these activities counted in the reporting for walking.

But they don't seem to count towards challenges. >30 miles already walked in January, but all walking challenges show Zero.

Is this an error or a deliberate 'feature' so that people can only gain points from activities tracked using Garmin devices?

• Yes, you have to record the walks with a Garmin device.

• OK thanks for that. I could use my Vivosport, but it's much easier to use the phone. Vivosport often takes a long time to get an initial GPS fix. I guess I'll forgo the walking challenges then.

• Vivosport often takes a long time to get an initial GPS fix.

Sounds like you may need to update the EPO file:

Expired EPO on a Garmin Outdoor Watch

Enabling the option GPS + Galilleo can also help with the speed of signal acquisition

• Maybe, but my watch syncs with the phone app at least twice a day. I don't use it often for tracking exercise as I predominantly cycle and use an Edge for that. Didn't know the Vivosport had a Galileo option (but the Edges definitely do).

• Maybe, but my watch syncs with the phone app at least twice a day.

Typically, the EPO file is being updated only when it needs to, and often it is when you start the Activity. And that's exactly the problem, because very often it is just when you step out of the door of your house, and your phone is still connected to the home WiFi. The EPO update is launched, and as the connection to the WiFi drops, the download may get aborted before the phone switches to the mobile data, and it may take a few minutes before it is retried, hence the delay in GPS acqusition.