This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart rate zones showing I am running in zone 5 all the time how do I fix this ?

Why is my garmin showing all my runs in heart rate zone 5 ...this is even on easy runs . 

• Why is my garmin showing all my runs in heart rate zone 5 ...this is even on easy runs . 

We cannot tell if you do not post the data,  or better yet a link to one of such your activities.

However, there are basically three possibilities:

1. Your HR Zones are not correctly set up - adjust them accordingly to your fitness level (using the max HR, or LT,...)
    2. The HR Monitor malfunctioned - adjust the fit and position. If it does not help, use a chest band HRM
    3. Your HR is really elevated all the time -  visit a physician
  • In Garmin Connect Web, you can see the HR range for a given zone by hovering over the zones in the Time in (Heart Rate) Zones graph. e.g.

You can see the same information in the Garmin Connect mobile app.

Make sure the values you see here match watch you expect your zones to be. If they don't check your zones in GC and on your watch settings. Note that some watches have different sport-specific zones, so make sure your running-specific zones are correct.