This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My watch has stopped recording sleep, stopped recording steps, and a lot of my personal settings in terms of activities seems to have been reset. This is the second day running and it started occurring prior to the update yesterday.

see my subject!  I can provide more details if needed.

• Looks like you inadvertently created a second account. Follow the instructions from the support document Data is Missing from My Garmin Account After Syncing to resolve the issue.

• So the issue goes beyond my account (which I've stayed logged in as).  The error is my watch is no longer actively tracking steps or recording sleep patterns at all

• Restart the watch, and the phone - it would be the first thing to do in case of any troubles. Then verify whether the watch really does not record the steps, and the heart rate. Sleep patterns are not detected on the watch (except of Fenix 6), so if the HR, stress, and movement data is loggedand transferred to Garmin Connect, then it is capable of analyzing the sleep. You also need to have the sleep and wake up times set, to have the sleep analyzed.

However, originally you wrote in the title of the thread that your activities have been reset. Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant, but if past Activities that were already synced to your GC account, suddenly vanished, then you are practically certainly logged into a wrong account.

• Welp now today the watch randomly started tracking my steps again.  Will confirm sleep tonight.  I had tried both restarting the phone, device, reset bluetooth connections before my initial post.

So to clarify: two days ago my watch (not the app) had some form of a glitch where it dropped from my usual step count of 10k to 7.5k.  It also stopped tracking my steps (and that night my sleep activity).  The app and prior data was still retained throughout this time.  I didn't use the watch at all yesterday.  I try it today because I see my settings somehow jumped from 7.5k back to 10k and now the thing is working again. 

Initially I thought it might have been related to the earlier hacking incident/ransomware attack.  Mind you from the first day of the issue through today I changed no settings other than the resets of connection and devices.  Bizarre.

• Mine too  - no steps tracked today even though I walked 5 Miles! How do you restart watch?