This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Zero Calories Burned

Hello everyone,

I have a Garmin 245 Music watch that’s been working great for the past 4 months. The other day out of the blue the calories burned on my watch displayed 0. It was working just fine previously. It is just the watch that is showing 0 - when I sync up with Garmin Connect it shows the calories burned in the app (that I assume is correct).

To correct the issue I’ve tried:

- Turning the watch off/on

- Re-syncing multiple times on different days

- Downloading new watch faces that I made sure were updated

- Making sure the HR device is working and that it is calculating distance normally (it is, on both the watch and in app)

- Updating profile and making sure gender, age, weight, etc are inputted 

If any one has any advice they could provide me with it would be greatly appreciated. I really love this feature and even though it does log it in the app, I would really like to have it displayed on the watch instead of that Zero.

thank you!

alan

• I have had the same problem for about 2 weeks as well. Did you figure out what caused the discrepancy?

I've noticed that only the 2 watch faces I have added from Connect IQ store have the problem because the pre-loaded watch faces show calories burned fine.

I have also tried resetting the watch back to factory original (deleting everything) then downloading other watch faces. Unfortunately I still have the same problem (pre-loaded watch faces displays calories burned, while downloaded watch faces shows 0).

Anyone know how we submit a technical problem to garmin?

• Anyone know how we submit a technical problem to garmin?

Yes, contact their customer support through one of the channels listed at http://support.garmin.com (phone / email / chat).

However, it looks like Garmin changed their API for the Connect IQ apps and watchfaces, so I'd contact also the author of the watch face you are using, and ask him/her to adjust the app to reflect the API change. It may be faster than waiting for the change from Garmin. Besides that, we do not know what was behind the change, and whether it was intentional or not. If it was, then the 3rd party authors will have to change their apps and watchfaces anyway.

• Thanks for the response. You confirmed my suspicion, that Garmin recently updated their API. My thoughts exactly, that I should contact the watch face developers. Thanks again.