This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to recalculate personal records after editing activity

Hi all. I made pool swiming activity, but the device (garmin fenix 5x plus) splited lengs on two differnet length. Using the http://www.swimmingwatchtools.com/ I've edited activity and merged some splitted length, deleted original activity and uploaded to garmin connect the new one, but the new personal records are still with wrong time(I've not approved them). Is there a way to recalculate Personal records so they will be actual?

for example my old PR for 400meters was 14:57, new PR that I can approve is 13:55, but after editing and merging length it should be 14:25(manualy calculated it)

• You can edit the PR's manually on the PR page. Another possibility is temporarily trimming the concerned Activity to the length you want the PR for, then using the function Set as PR, and reverting back to the original (removing the trim).

• thanks, manualy set is fine for me. But btw it's strange that if I delete activity, uploaded editted one back it will show me on PR page new PR that I can apporve or decline from original activity before it was editted. Looks like PRs stored in activity fit file in some separate fields, and editing intervals do nothing with them

• Looks like PRs stored in activity fit file in some separate fields, and editing intervals do nothing with them

Yes, that's right. The PRs are detected by the device, not by Garmin Connect, and they are transmitted in the activity FIT file. No editing on Garmin Connect will change the content of the "original" FIT file, and hence also the PR stored in the file won't change, regardless whether you download it directly from the watch, or export it from GC any time.

• . No editing on Garmin Connect will change the content of the "original" FIT file, and hence also the PR stored in the file won't change, regardless whether you download it directly from the watch, or export it from GC any time.

But I changed it not in GC: I downloaded original FIT file from GC, edited it swimmingwatchtools.com, delete original in GC and export modified FIT file back in GC. So all changes was with FIT file without using GC
    Hm, if I would find a way to delete PRs from FIT file and upload it back to device, is there a chance that device will set new PRs for this activity?

• As I wrote, the PR is detected by the watch, then stored into the FIT file in a independent field. So whatever you do with the data, as long as you do not change the PR field in the FIT file, the PR won't move. There is no postprocessing of the PR done when the file is imported to Garmin Connect.

• ... if you want to edit the PR, you have to edit either the PR field in the FIT file and reimport it, or much simpler - just go to the page https://connect.garmin.com/modern/personal-records, click on the value of the PR that you want to change, modify it as needed, and then click the green check symbol.