This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

October challenges for running and cycling are not showing data

Does anyone know why the October challenges for running and cycling are not showing data in the Garmin Connect Web? They do in Garmin Mobile app.
The Halloween challenges haven't started yet, but as you can see for cycling, the total amount of km you have to make is already indicated, for running nothing is indicated.

Neither can I  see the "normal" Halloween badge yet, although it is already visible as an available badge in the list. On the account of (Dutch) friends it is in the list of available badges.

Who knows what is going on? Are the two problems releated?

• Don't worry about the missing numbers for the challenges. They work so it is just a visual bug.

I don't understand the last part about the Halloween badge. You say you can't see the badge, but it is at the same time already visible as an available badge...?

The Halloween badges are now repeatable. If you took the badge last year it will not be visible as an available badge. You will see it as an earned badge. Just do an activity on October 31st and the count for the badge will increase by one.

• Okay then, that is a relief, I can now stop looking for the cause of the problem, thanks :-)

Regarding the Halloween badge. I know it is available because you published it on your site and because friends have it in their list of available badges, I don't.
    I  now understand why. I didn't know it is a repeatable badge and I did earn it last year.

Thanks again for your help!

• Sorry guys, but I don't understand your reply.
    My Halloween Cycling badge is also showing 0/5 hours even though I have done 2 hours on the 25th.
    Are you saying that this is just a visual bug and that it is still tracking the hours? 

• How did you log your activity? Was it with a Garmin device?

• No unfortunately I had to log it manually. Forgot to record using my watch. Will that affect it?

• Yes. If you don't log it with a Garmin device it will not count for badges and challenges.

There are some exceptions with uploading of FIT files from Zwift, Rouvy and similar, but I don't know about any badges or challenges that work with manually added activities.

• I see, thanks e7andy. That makes sense! 

• There are tricks that can be used that might fix it. You could log a new activity with your watch. Just 1 second long or so. Wait for it to sync. Then edit it in Garmin Connect Web and change all values (date, time, distance etc.) to the values from your manually added activity.

• Oh wow, why didn't I think off that. It worked! Thanks so much for your help Pray 

• I went out for a three mile run today to finish my 50 miles and its not showing in the October Rundown.  For some reason it is not updating.