This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How can I manually add my run to the training plan?

My 5k race was today - I went to the start, into my Fenxis 6S and it said no activity scheduled.  In the Connect app it says that today is race day.  So - obviously I had to start the race.  When I had completed it, I thought that if I selected that the activity was RACE it would sync with the Coach.  Nope.  Tried amending it to TRAINING.  Nope.  Connect says I have still got to complete my 5k race - how can I manually change this?  If this is a no I will be livid......thank you all!

Top Replies

All Replies

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

hi,

why it does not work what you tried to do

• technically when you start a scheduled training the fit file created from that activity contains an ID number unique for that training
    • that ID is linked to your training plan

search this forum thread for the same questions....you will find a lot requests...search for the replies from  on this topic

you could contact Garmin Support and ask them to amend your training with the race activity

or

pm me when you want to participate in a trial & error test (outcome unknown) with the training plan fit files

happy & safe sporting

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

or try this, no harm done when it fails (it should fail because of the missing ID)

I figured out a solution.  To briefly summarize:  a completed training workout shows up as an activity, but doesn't get recognized by the Garmin Coach.    Steps to solve (I'm using the Garmin app on an Android):  open the activity, click the three vertical dots in the upper right corner, edit activity, scroll down to Activity Settings, tap Event Type, change from Uncategorized to Training, tap Save.  Navigate to Garmin Coach and you should see your activity recognized as completed workout as part of your Training.  Hope this helps.

or the same procedure a little bit adapted

I had the same problem and the solution proposed by 1368706 actually worked with a little modification. 

He said: I figured out a solution.  To briefly summarize:  a completed training workout shows up as an activity, but doesn't get recognized by the Garmin Coach.    Steps to solve (I'm using the Garmin app on an Android):  open the activity, click the three vertical dots in the upper right corner, edit activity, scroll down to Activity Settings, tap Event Type, change from Uncategorized to Training, tap Save.  Navigate to Garmin Coach and you should see your activity recognized as completed workout as part of your Training.  Hope this helps.

I already had the Event Type set as Training and it had not synced. I changed it instead to "Fitness" and it worked. I then changed it back to "Training" and it remained. I think just making the change in that filed prompts a resynch. It might be that any field might work but I can't tell as mins is now fixed. Thank you to 1368706

happy & safe sporting

• Hi Former Member and - thank you for your help.  My Race finally appeared on my watch so I started the activity, stopped and saved it.  I then went into it and manually copied to results of my run activity over (it wouldn't take all stats, however).  Training was not an option in my activity type - however I now have the challenge completed - even if the stats are wonky.  Very frustrating after 12 weeks of training and never having run ANYWHERE for over 30 years!   Thanks so much for taking so much time to reply!

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to ajduf

congratulations on the race and training

now just keep spending time being healthy and fit Slight smile

happy & safe sporting

• Hi Former Member I have tried editing an Activity, and changing the Event Type to Training as recommended (it was originally set as Uncategorized), but I find the Activity is still not recognized as a completed workout as part of the Training. Any other advice on how I can add this Activity to my training plan?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to Matty Yay!!

hi,

reading the successful posts they talk about actvities executed as training and not as standalone activity

so their uploaded activity already contained the correct workout ID, but was simple not recognized by Garmin Connect's Coach plan

this change of event type triggers an existing uploaded training (which was not recognized by the training plan) to get recognized and marked as done

guess you started a standalone activity instead as expected via training ?

there is a possible workaround, but not tried if it could work yet

in short the test could go like this

• needed
    • user following training plan
    • user started a standalone activity instead of a training activity
    • user archives the corresponding fit file A
    • actions
    • user starts the missing training activity correctly for a short time and archives the corresponding fit file B
    • take workout id from fit file B
    • add workout id to fit file A
    • upload fit file A
    • check training plan

happy & safe sporting

• @1368706 I followed the steps successfully, but the training plan still does not show the workout. It seems like Garmin needs to do a better job designing, implementing, and verifying the software. It is frustrating that the watch app can be so hard to navigate. 

• this is what I experienced. (if i get time I will try to reproduce)

- user checked web site to see today's training plan run

- user drives to running place

- user selects training on watch

- user does not see expected workout 

- user selects run and does the logical workout

- user wants to set the run as the workout so it is reflected in the training plan as completed, etc..

• I'm using a Forerunner 45, and set my watch to run instead of workout this morning. I tried the tip below but this hasn't worked for me. Any other ideas? Thanks.

• Any other ideas?

Run again and select the right workout Smiley