This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

segment not activating/showing

Hi,

My segments do not show. My privacy setting are set as indicated they should be based on Garmin's advice. Please see below

And as one will note, no segment information here.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can fix this?

The segment information used to be there but now it is all gone.

Kind regards,

Mahesh

• Go to the phone app Garmin Connect Mobile, open the screen Menu » Training » Segments, and in the menu under the triple dot symbol up right, verify that Garmin Segments are enabled. I never managed to find these options in Garmin Connect Web, only on the phone app. 

• thanks a lot!!! How did i not see that before!??

• thanks a lot!!! How did i not see that before!??

Yes, it is well hidden. I guess that by default it is on, so you do not need to bother about it. It may get deactivated if you mess up with Strava segments somehow. In my case it never moved, but I think initially I had to activate it too, when I created the GC account and connected it to Strava.

• That must be it. I signed up to Strava some weeks ago..

• So no one else is experiencing this then? Hmmmm.

I think there must have been an update to the app that has been switching users over to Strava Segments, and even users of Garmin Connect for years have had Garmin Segments appear for a while they just disappear and how to switch them back is not in a very obvious place. This should be on the user's Account Settings, but they aren't and are hidden away somewhere hard to find. If I was being cynical I would say that this happening just as Strava puts it segments behind a paywall isn't a coincidence!!!