This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Komoot Course Sync sends new tracks automatically to watch

Hey folks,

recently Garmin and Komoot developed an API, where automatically the last 50 routes, composed in Komoot are automatically synced to Garmin Connect. That works also pretty good so far, but the strange thing is, the description mentions that from Garmin Connect, as usual, the routes then need to be sent to the watch, but in my case, all new routes imported from Komoot are automatically sent to the watch once I sync it, although I have not choosen to upload them to the watch.

Anybody else expirienced the same? I'm on a Fenix 5x Plus, running latest firmware 12.00.....

It is a bit anoying as I do not want to have all routes on the watch and I need to delete the unwanted them manually afterwards from the watch. After that they are not automatically uploaded anymore, they stay in Garmin Connect till I choose to sync single routes to the watch. But every new route is at first automatically uploaded to the watch....

• This is an old post, but even after 2 years I've noticed still the same behaviour. I wonder why no one botherd to anwser it?

What bothers me more is that you can only get 50 Komoot courses on Garmin Connect. How can I get other courses? I'm confused, should I use Komoot App from Connect IQ store or is there a way to sync all my Courses with Garmin Connect Web/App ? I'm using Garmin Fenix 7.