This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

walk activity not recording steps

My Vivoactive4 records steps during a walk, it's shown during the walk, and I can find it in the history on the watch.  When the activity is uploaded to Mobile Connect for iOS, the step count for that activity doesn't seem to be part of the activity.  

Am I missing this somewhere?

Can't find it at Connect.garmin.com in the activity there either.  I suspect the watch is not exporting it in it's fit file.  True? False?

For the step obsessed (gotta get my 10,000), it would be nice to be able to search through my activities for a walk with x steps so I can do that particular walk in the evening to hit my target.

• By default the Activity data does not include the information about steps, but you can install an IQ app adding those fields to the Activity screen. There are certainly several such applications, but the one I know is Dozen Run from the author fbbbrown

I saw the output of the IQ app for example in the following Activity, so have a look at it, and  if it is what you are looking for, just install the app:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4718754584

• Hi trux, 

I saw the same person created "Dozen Walk", and given I don't run, thought Dozen Walk is more appropriate than Dozen Run.  I had trouble with the data screen on the watch for that app, but it doesn't matter as my focus is on getting the number of steps transferred into Garmin Connect post walk, and that seems to have solve it.  Shame it doesn't bubble over to Strava when the activity get transferred there, but that's probably pushing the friendship.  I imagine something more native is required for that to happen.  

Anyway, consider this solved.